NFL GDT: 2019 AFC Wild Card Round: (3) New England Patriots vs (6) Tennessee Titans - Tennessee wins 20-13

NETEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Guess the Pats are human when they aren't recording every practice and know all the signals.

Beginning of the end. Thank god.
It is time.........they had a heck of a run, for what 20 years...insane.

As for the cheating, it seems there is a ton of smoke here, and there must be a fire smoldering under the surface.

Brady moves on, and will probably win another Super Bowl. Interesting if Pats fans can handle that.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Brady moves on, and will probably win another Super Bowl. Interesting if Pats fans can handle that.
Well I don't know about that. He'll be 43 for crying out loud. It works in New England because he's been there forever but to start over with a new franchise at 43?

Although i'd love to see what he could do with Kirk Cousins's weapons (Cook, Thelen and Diggs)

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Matt LaCosse and Benjamin Watson would be average at the collegiate level, it's frankly embarassing for an NFL team.

Watson is also 39. Not exactly a young buck

Its too bad because early in the season with Edelman , Gordon and Brown and a rumored Gronk return for the playoffs i thought we were in business. Turn out that Edelman was banged up most of the season , Gordon couldnt stay clean , Brown was Brown aka being a nutcase and Gronk was just a tease who never had any intention to return. So we fell back on plan B and C which is what we saw for the rest of the season + last night.

Honestly if Brady/BB leave and with the current state the team is in id consider tanking for Trevor Lawrence in 2021. No guarantee we d get him but shit that would be awesome and he would be the perfect building block for a rebuild in a post BB/Brady era

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
What happened with Nkeal Harry? He seemed like a stud coming out of college.

He had both an ankle and hip injury this year. That said even when he was healthy he did not impress me that much

Still young though so we'll wait and see if he can put it all together in the next couple of years but his first season in the league was average

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Well I don't know about that. He'll be 43 for crying out loud. It works in New England because he's been there forever but to start over with a new franchise at 43?

Although i'd love to see what he could do with Kirk Cousins's weapons (Cook, Thelen and Diggs)

Darkhorse team for Brady to sign with, Washington Redskins.

It could happen.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Cousins still has another fully guaranteed year. on his deal. He's not going anywhere unless another team takes him off Minny's hands.

As for the game, had a gut feeling this could be one of those shockers where they lose and everyone loses their mind. Really weird seeing Ryan Tannehill win a playoff game. Anyhow, they made 3 straight Super Bowls so the likelihood of them making a 4th was small.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
It’s whatever. It was a bad year This team was almost in the last five Super Bowls.

They’ll retool and be a threat for the super bowl again next year. I absolutely love the national celebration of the “dynasty being done”. Will make next year even better.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He had both an ankle and hip injury this year. That said even when he was healthy he did not impress me that much

Still young though so we'll wait and see if he can put it all together in the next couple of years but his first season in the league was average
Coming out of ASU it was clear he did not have great speed. But he was good at making contested catches with his big frame at college. Don’t think NE used his strengths because he’s not a guy who will create much separation.

In a 3 WR set he needs to play with a speedster and slot guy. NE didn’t have that once Gordon and Brown were gone.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Watson is also 39. Not exactly a young buck

Its too bad because early in the season with Edelman , Gordon and Brown and a rumored Gronk return for the playoffs i thought we were in business. Turn out that Edelman was banged up most of the season , Gordon couldnt stay clean , Brown was Brown aka being a nutcase and Gronk was just a tease who never had any intention to return. So we fell back on plan B and C which is what we saw for the rest of the season + last night.

Honestly if Brady/BB leave and with the current state the team is in id consider tanking for Trevor Lawrence in 2021. No guarantee we d get him but **** that would be awesome and he would be the perfect building block for a rebuild in a post BB/Brady era
BB is not leaving, which will ensure the team has a shot to win the SB every season (at least that whats Ive been lead to believe because losing Brady to retirement or another team shouldnt change anything because all of this success is due to BB)

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Patriots core is old, if Brady is done the dynasty is over at least for a few years while they retool. BB is a great coach but they will need a QB and have nothing to note at the skill positions (other than an aging Edelman).

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Patriots core is old, if Brady is done the dynasty is over at least for a few years while they retool. BB is a great coach but they will need a QB and have nothing to note at the skill positions (other than an aging Edelman).
Puts us right on that every 3 years timeline.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
The thing is, finding a QB is the hardest thing in the NFL. It is uncharted territory for BB and the Pats if Brady is done. I wouldn't put it passed them to figure it out but acting like it is a guarantee is foolish.
They found a pretty good one last time they looked (Garappolo) and there is still a pretty good chance Brady comes back, so I wouldn't rule out the QB position being an issue yet

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Ive also been told for two decades that Brady is nothing special and all his success is from BB, so I'm not sure why everyone is acting like if Brady leaves or retires that they cant win

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
They found a pretty good one last time they looked (Garappolo) and there is still a pretty good chance Brady comes back, so I wouldn't rule out the QB position being an issue yet
Jimmy G is good, granted. They haven't really been successful drafting any other QB except him and Brissett is a good backup/bad starter. Granted they haven't spent any high picks on the position. If Brady comes back they should be good again, I agree, but him wanting to be a UFA at the end of the season is kind of telling to me. We will see.

Ive also been told for two decades that Brady is nothing special and all his success is from BB, so I'm not sure why everyone is acting like if Brady leaves or retires that they cant win
Literally nobody thinks Brady is 'nothing special'. People think Brady is not the best QB in history because of BB and that he wouldn't have won as much without him. Nobody thinks he was some average Joe.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Jimmy G is good, granted. They haven't really been successful drafting any other QB except him and Brissett is a good backup/bad starter. Granted they haven't spent any high picks on the position. If Brady comes back they should be good again, I agree, but him wanting to be a UFA at the end of the season is kind of telling to me. We will see.

Literally nobody thinks Brady is 'nothing special'. People think Brady is not the best QB in history because of BB and that he wouldn't have won as much without him. Nobody thinks he was some average Joe.

You would be surprised at what people delude themselves into thinking.

Nearly every all time QB had some pretty good coaches along side them FYI

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad