NFL GDT: 2019 AFC Wild Card Round: (3) New England Patriots vs (6) Tennessee Titans - Tennessee wins 20-13

NETEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Back in NE or back in general? Can't see him retiring unless Gisele has a hook around his neck, but OTOH I can't see too many soft landing spots if he leaves NE either.

Chargers or Dolphins, imo. If I were to guess between the two, I would say Chargers. Elway will offer the most money though

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Back in NE or back in general? Can't see him retiring unless Gisele has a hook around his neck, but OTOH I can't see too many soft landing spots if he leaves NE either.

Tom will be back but probably with another team.
I am sure teams who are ready for a good run will be in dire need of his services.

As for Bill, as a Giants fan second....I hope he comes back to New York lol.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
If Belichick says he doesn’t want to re-sign Brady, I wonder what happens if Brady goes to Kraft and says he wants to stay a Patriot. Does Kraft step in and force things? Does that send Belichick for the door? Does Kraft defer to Belichick?

Or does Belichick look at his draft position and the free agent/trade market and try to bring Brady back because plan B is a sure step backwards?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Colts, Raiders, Panthers, could also make some sense...could the Cowboys let Dak walk and bring in Tom? Could Arians cut bait with Jameis?

Don't think Brady will feel like dealing with Jerry Jones doing radio hits talking about him. Same with Irsay.

I say LA Chargers (because he still lives in California), or Miami (because he knows the coaching staff, and because he'll get more chances to stick it to Belichick). Also both are warm. I'll make the Raiders a dark horse, maybe Tampa is the most likely NFC team. You look around, the Chargers are the safest bet to make him look good, they have weapons on offense and a good defense. He'll leave some money (specifically from Elway) on the table to play for what he feels is a better team.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Don't think Brady will feel like dealing with Jerry Jones doing radio hits talking about him. Same with Irsay.

I say LA Chargers (because he still lives in California), or Miami (because he knows the coaching staff, and because he'll get more chances to stick it to Belichick). Also both are warm. I'll make the Raiders a dark horse, maybe Tampa is the most likely NFC team. You look around, the Chargers are the safest bet to make him look good, they have weapons on offense and a good defense. He'll leave some money (specifically from Elway) on the table to play for what he feels is a better team.

That Chargers line will do him no favors

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Possibly, though they haven't done it for Rivers

The Chargers do make a lot of sense on paper, but will Spanos actually spend the money?
He will. What else would he do, bring back Rivers? That would be a nice gem to open the new stadium with.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Colts, Raiders, Panthers, could also make some sense...could the Cowboys let Dak walk and bring in Tom? Could Arians cut bait with Jameis?

Possibly, though they haven't done it for Rivers

The Chargers do make a lot of sense on paper, but will Spanos actually spend the money?
He will. What else would he do, bring back Rivers? That would be a nice gem to open the new stadium with.

This conversation is beyond sad to me. He could have gone to SF in 2016 and won and still have been on a good team last year and this year. Now he's being forced into retirement (that's what playing for LAC is effectively.)

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
This conversation is beyond sad to me. He could have gone to SF in 2016 and won and still have been on a good team last year and this year. Now he's being forced into retirement (that's what playing for LAC is effectively.)

Maybe he will show how truly great he is and head north to add a half dozen Grey cups to his resume

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When you've won 3 (more) Super Bowls, you're not staying up at night thinking about what could've been.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Kind of appropriate that the Pats lost a minute on the clock with the delay of game stuff with 6 minutes to go when they were the ones to exploit this rule in a blowout game up 33 to the Jets.

What goes around comes around. Patriots like to cheat at every opportunity, so no pity from me when someone exploits the rules against them.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
When you've won 3 (more) Super Bowls, you're not staying up at night thinking about what could've been.
Maybe he will show how truly great he is and head north to add a half dozen Grey cups to his resume

Fair enough but going up against KC everyear and probably Las Vegas when they replace Carr? Or rounding on the Rams (chokers) and Arizona for at least 2-3 years? Yes the pats won, but now it's close to over at the very least.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Not that I feel bad for the Pats or Brady or any of those guys but I wouldn't blame Brady if he moved on, he gave the Pats a lot of years without holding them up for huge contracts or things like that, I think this was the first year he cracked 20 mil in a season, yeah he has made a ton of money still but he was worth far more, maybe if Big Ben had been as generous the Steelers could have paid Lev Bell or some other guys that could have been useful but that wasn't how he operated

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Pats are a different team in January without the bye. (3-4 playoff record in Brady/BB era when they aren’t a top 2 seed

They really needed that week off.

Last edited:

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Guess the Pats are human when they aren't recording every practice and know all the signals.

Beginning of the end. Thank god.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
The lack of offense and finish in the red zone burned the Pats. It was an issue during the season and yesterday as well. The WR are very average and so are the TE.

Put a Cooks , Amendola , Gronk and hell even Hogan on that team and the results may have been different. Sanu/Watson/Dorsett/Lacosse etc just cant cut it. Losing both Gordon and Brown hurt them as well

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I saw some Patriots fans say they can’t wait to not watch the super bowl, lmao what a bunch of sore losers. I think Brady is great but I sure am sick of seeing them win, I’m glad it’s over.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I saw some Patriots fans say they can’t wait to not watch the super bowl, lmao what a bunch of sore losers. I think Brady is great but I sure am sick of seeing them win, I’m glad it’s over.
It’s the same thing a lot of other fans do in every sport

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad