NFL GDT: 2019 AFC Divisional Round: (2) Kansas City Chiefs vs (4) Houston Texans - Sunday, 3:05 EST

KCHOU

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheClap

Jul 20, 2014
Caught from behind b/c he wasn't running

Indeed. You can argue he made the wrong move, but he wasn't "dancing."

There was also an opponent in front of him, and he slowed down and clearly directs his teammate for the block. Likely didn't see the guy behind him, you know, because he's facing forward and all. Looked to me like he spotted him at the last moment and tried turning on the jets but it was too late. Still got it near the 5.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

TheClap

Jul 20, 2014
So... You can pass forward ahead of the line of scrimmage?

Apparently the whole body has to be over the line. Mahomes dragging his foot behind the line even though rest of his body was in front made it legal. I didn't know that was the rule either.

Crazy heads up play by Mahomes there.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Yeah I get that and obviously there were a handful of decisions where things could have gone either way and KC was starting to roll anyway but...

The FG and fake juxtaposed strike me as mixed messaging from O’Brien. That’s my beef.
My guess was that since he couldn't decide what to do on the previous 4th down he wanted to get clever to make up for it but just ended up making things worse

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

He called a timeout and still couldn't find a single play he liked in an offensive playbook he designed? Again, at the time I said I didn't mind the decision but some of his decision making later on and this explanation after the game makes it easy to question O'Brien.

If you think you need to score 50 why are you turning down a 4th and 1 lol. Not having a play is code for you don’t think your line can get the push. But if they can’t get the push for one yard how will they score 50?

Thinking that to yourself is one thing, but I sure hope he didn't say that to his players.

Sadly he was right about that though :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad