2019 AAF Season Thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jesus Christ, Gary Danielson?

I'm gonna give it a look. Unlike the XFL, the AAF is actually attempting to be a legitimate alternative league/development pipeline and not make a sideshow of itself.

It has some legit names/minds behind it too.
The XFL has legit names/minds behind it too, they’re just lesser known.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think the biggest thing is that, while they are their own entity, they have the support of the NFL.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bercovici’s helmet came off, I thought it was his whole head.

Reactions: TB12

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Both QBs in the San Antonio game are awful.

Bercovici has zero pocket presence/sense for pressure and the other kid can't throw a good sprial to save his life.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Most concerning for me thus far is the (lack of) o-line play.

Good god guys are getting in the backfield within a couple of steps. The brainless QB's are making them look worse but they're still not exactly helping things.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

Good god guys are getting in the backfield within a couple of steps. The brainless QB's are making them look worse but they're still not exactly helping things.
Yeah Bercovici is f***ing terrible

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017

starting a developmental league is hard.

ill prolly watch more of these games.

xfl and aaf will play for a few years then merge. the ahl of nfl wont fail thats for sure.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
starting a developmental league is hard.

ill prolly watch more of these games.

xfl and aaf will play for a few years then merge. the ahl of nfl wont fail thats for sure.

It'll take a few years to raise the level, yes.

I think it is little too gimmicky though. No KOs, the 4th and 12 thing instead of an onside kick, forced 2-point conversions, no blitzes. I do not like those. Especially not the no blitz rule.

Reactions: AveryQuietMan

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
It'll take a few years to raise the level, yes.

I think it is little too gimmicky though. No KOs, the 4th and 12 thing instead of an onside kick, forced 2-point conversions, no blitzes. I do not like those. Especially not the no blitz rule.

the no blitz on pass play or whatever the rule is is def strange. everything else is what the nfl is toying with tho. kind of like us toying with rule changes in the ahl first.

either way this is good for both the nfl and cfl

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad