2019-2020 WHL regular season thread

drivier

Apr 30, 2009
Vancouver
Wow this thread has just died, which is sad.

Giants beat the Winterhawks last night in a weird game.

giants score the first 6 goals then give up the next 5 in a 6-5 win,.

I can't recall ever seeing anything like that before.
Agreed. It would make things a lot more interesting if more people were involved to give input on the league as its still (despite the internet) difficult to get a real sense of what other teams have and are doing.

I will say this - the first round is following the script. Edmonton and Winnipeg are destined to meet in the East (and have a pretty light path). In the West, it certainly looks as though Kamloops will be the last Canadian team standing but trying to pick who will advance to the Conference final out of the expected 2nd round match ups of Everett v. Seattle and Portland v. Kamloops is beyond my capacity. And, that will set up a delicious Western Final.

I think on paper that the four teams in the West can take the either Edmonton or Winnipeg... but that doesn't consider the consequences of what I expect are going to be 2 very hard-fought battles.

Also - Who gets the MemCup 2023?

Reactions: wetcoast

drivier

Apr 30, 2009
Vancouver
Where did Vancouver come from? 1 win in their last 10 games. Almost fell out of the playoffs (that goal by Seminoff shorthanded to take away a point from Victoria with 4 seconds left in the 3rd definitely and the Giants may not have even been in).

Do they actually have the ponies to pull this one off? 11 goals to win by 5 in one... an OT thriller.. a shutout in Everett. I guess this is why we play the games.

(Strummer - for me it is balance of do you go with the anticipated best team (Blazers) or the one that would have had it but for Covid (Rockets).

Strummer53

Sep 11, 2021
I go with the best host. Sucks for Kelowna, but they seem to get the odd bounce in their favor.
I want a host team that deserves it, not another Saskatoon or even Regina where they need to empty every cupboard just to look decent.

BE Friend

Jul 16, 2021
KEL should get it from their covid cancels, if they apply again. Events this size usually need the city to give verbal AND financial support.

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Easton Armstrong scores a hat trick for Wenatchee on Sunday, and then Tuesday he's traded to Saskatoon.

I guess the fire sale is on at the Town Toyota Center.

mrshootthepuck

Jun 30, 2023
Easton Armstrong scores a hat trick for Wenatchee on Sunday, and then Tuesday he's traded to Saskatoon.

I guess the fire sale is on at the Town Toyota Center.

They didn't want to move him, yesterday was the 20yr old cut off date. You can only have 3 on active roster.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Being in the East I haven't seen much of Portland at all do they always get away with so much hooking, slashing and holding?

It was embarrassing out there and they way they just kept doing it it seemed like it was a part of their normal game plan.

Reactions: mrshootthepuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad