Celtics/NBA 2019-2020 Regular Season: Marcus Smart tests positive for CORVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This actually isn't true. 'Eric Gordon' plays Michael Jordan's kid, but it's not this Eric Gordon. He's been asked before and denied it.

DAMMIT, this ruins my life

I mean....I didn’t specify which Eric Gordon, I obviously meant the one that’s selling insurance somewhere now ;)

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I like how when they drafted Tatum I was like who?

Now Fultz and Ball are busts and hes looking like the star on this team
I remember being incredibly angry that Danny traded the #1 pick. I thought it was the worst decision in the world.

I could not have been more wrong. As you said, it's not just that Tatum turned out to be the best player in the draft, the two players taken ahead of him became massive busts. Fultz might go down as the worst #1 pick since Michael Olowokandi

Reactions: Troublesome 85

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I remember being incredibly angry that Danny traded the #1 pick. I thought it was the worst decision in the world.

I could not have been more wrong. As you said, it's not just that Tatum turned out to be the best player in the draft, the two players taken ahead of him became massive busts. Fultz might go down as the worst #1 pick since Michael Olowokandi

He’s actually playing fairly well in Orlando

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah Fultz had TOS surgery, which you typically see in pitchers. Tough thing to deal with. He’s come back from it playing some decent basketball for the magic- pretty sure I was reading reports where the only two guys they consider untouchable are Fultz and Jonathan Isaac.

He’s still not even close to Tatum though obviously. But he’s rebounding from the tough start To his career, and that’s nice to see because it will upset sixers fans. Anything to upset Sixers fans. That’s my motto.

Reactions: JRull86

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Jayson Tatum reminds me so much of a young Reggie Lewis in the way he can just take over the game almost effortlessly and has such a pureness to his game that is captivating to watch.

We are so damn lucky to have him.

Reactions: Maine Fan and pgm16

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

Spike can show up dressed like this and try to sneak past the gate (he'd be much shorter than Bernard King but I wouldn't put it past Spike to try it)

gal_uniforms_knicks_original-jpg.7531

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Literally all they needed to do was not touch Levert. He wasn't scoring from there.

That's such an awful collapse. How do you let Caris Levert put a 50-burger on you?

Reactions: Maine Fan

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Eh, just a loss in early March to me. Especially with Tatum sick.

a bad loss. Probably the worst of the season. But just a loss.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Now they’re looking into whether Marcus Smart touched the ref when he confronted him. Sigh.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Eh, just a loss in early March to me. Especially with Tatum sick.

a bad loss. Probably the worst of the season. But just a loss.

I wouldn't say that. In my opinion the difference between the #2 and #3 seed can make all the difference in the world. 1st round match up would be much easier (Orlando vs. Philly/Indiana, especially against Philly it would be close to a toss-up at best, bad match-up) and a potential 2nd round HFA against a pretty evenly matched Toronto Raptors team.

It's a good year for the "sleeper"-contenders to shoot for the finals. When was the last time the huge favorites were so underwhelming? Milwaukee (even by someone like Miami) can be beat and the West is wide open, don't see the Lakers as huge favorites.

Usually I agree with Dannys decisions, but this year he made the wrong move by standing pat. If the deadline were tomorrow, I doubt he would do it again. He just didn't think a few weeks ago that "going for it" was worth it. But Tatums ascension has changed the teams ceiling.
Our weak bench will eventually do us in. They really needed a spark plug from the bench.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I wouldn't say that. In my opinion the difference between the #2 and #3 seed can make all the difference in the world. 1st round match up would be much easier (Orlando vs. Philly/Indiana, especially against Philly it would be close to a toss-up at best, bad match-up) and a potential 2nd round HFA against a pretty evenly matched Toronto Raptors team.

It's a good year for the "sleeper"-contenders to shoot for the finals. When was the last time the huge favorites were so underwhelming? Milwaukee (even by someone like Miami) can be beat and the West is wide open, don't see the Lakers as huge favorites.

Usually I agree with Dannys decisions, but this year he made the wrong move by standing pat. If the deadline were tomorrow, I doubt he would do it again. He just didn't think a few weeks ago that "going for it" was worth it. But Tatums ascension has changed the teams ceiling.
Our weak bench will eventually do us in. They really needed a spark plug from the bench.

not sure how you get that without getting rid of Smart or Kanter/Theis

Bench becomes a lot less weak when everybody’s healthy.

also I think we smoke Philly. They are basically last years Celtics. On paper they look like a world beater but they have zero chemistry.

there’s only one team worth really worrying about in the East and it’s Milwaukee. MAYBE Toronto. Every other team is either a toss up for us or better imo

So yeah at the end of the day it’s a regular season loss in March. Shit happens. Bad loss but not really indicative of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad