Celtics/NBA 2019-2020 Regular Season: Marcus Smart tests positive for CORVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Crazy and scary times right now. Good for the NBA for being proactive, I guess? Better than playing the games in an empty stadium, imo...

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I mean we have seen it before, Lebron has zero spine

The best basketball player of all time is probably one of the more detestable non-criminals alive

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I think both leagues should call this a hiatus and say that the standings as of a particular date are the final regular season standings and that they plan on having the playoffs as close as possible to the regularly scheduled start date.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Honestly from what I’ve researched and heard the touching isn’t really as big of a deal with this illness. Seems like that’s a common misconception. The CDC basically tells you to do that so you can feel like you’re being proactive (plus it is still flu season so it’s a smart thing to do)

breathing the same air in a confined space such as a locker room or a team plane or a press room however is a totally different story. HIGHLY infectious through respiration

Reactions: The National

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
Honestly from what I’ve researched and heard the touching isn’t really as big of a deal with this illness. Seems like that’s a common misconception. The CDC basically tells you to do that so you can feel like you’re being proactive (plus it is still flu season so it’s a smart thing to do)

breathing the same air in a confined space such as a locker room or a team plane or a press room however is a totally different story. HIGHLY infectious through respiration

touch a surface, then touch your nose/lips/mouth. If the surface contained a live/active strain then boom its in your system.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
touch a surface, then touch your nose/lips/mouth. If the surface contained a live/active strain then boom its in your system.

I’m just taking it from the words of a biosecurity and infectious disease expert that’s consulted for I believe 5 different administrations

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Apparently Donovan Mitchell is “very frustrated“ with Gobert

hopefully the team implodes and the Celtics can get Gobert lol

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Just a quick heads up that ABC is re-airing the 3 part " 30 for 30 " series looking back at the Celtics vs Lakers rivalry. Parts 1 and 2 air this Saturday afternoon and Part 3 will air this Sunday afternoon.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Watched game 2 1986 playoffs Celtics vs Bulls last night on NBA All-time Classics

the Celtics were monsters - one of the greatest teams ever assembled and featured the definitive Larry Bird & Kevan McHale.

Michael Jordan was about to become the greatest ever and put up 60 in a double overtime

the Celtics had an amazing cast that included 3 other HOF players in Parrish, DJ, and Bill Walton.

the Bulls didn’t have Scottie Pippen yet but an amazing front court with Rookie Charles Oakley & Orlando Woolridge.

Danny Ainge looked about 18 and only recently was the Toronto Blue Jays third basemen getting hits off Nolan Ryan - now he was guarding His Airness while going for 24 himself.

Watching Bulls coach Stan Albeck (pre Phil Jackson) was a treat as well - it was if Gene Wilder was coaching the Bulls.

It was a national game with Dick Stockton & Tommy Heinsohn and Tommy was phenomenal. He wasn’t the homer Tommy but completely on his game offering bang on insight. I forgot how great he could be.

the beauty of this game was it summed up exactly who and what Larry Bird & Michael Jordan were.

I’m not sure there has ever been a greater game all things equal in basketball in my lifetime

if you can watch it I recommend it was everything you’d want and you get a history lesson of what Is the NBA

Reactions: Alicat and Ritmo

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Re: The Last Dance

I hope next week we hear the story of why Isaiah Thomas was left off the 92 Dream Team straight from Jordan.

I've heard one specific story but after him calling an asshole last night the fuse has been lit.

My other take away from last night's episode is holy Dennis Rodman

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The majority of people weren’t really taking it seriously because of the messaging we had been getting at the time, I can’t blame him too much for that when he makes a big donation and is genuinely sorry

I get not wanting him in Boston for this but the idea that his career should be over is ridiculous

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The majority of people weren’t really taking it seriously because of the messaging we had been getting at the time, I can’t blame him too much for that when he makes a big donation and is genuinely sorry

I get not wanting him in Boston for this but the idea that his career should be over is ridiculous

He acted like a brat about it, as did a lot of people.

Difference between him and others is that he has apologized profusely and tried to make good when he realized his mistake (granted, it was fairly impossible for him not to realize his mistake given that he had it).

His act of apologizing and trying to do right by saying he was stupid and donating money to those in need is certainly enough for me to forgive. What is important is you learn and it looks like he did. I don’t see a reason for the man’s life to be upended. Who is that helping?

One can of course make the argument that “he could have killed someone” with his actions. But, I think that is just too extreme of a stance to take given the nature of his action.

Reactions: CDJ

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
He acted like a brat about it, as did a lot of people.

Difference between him and others is that he has apologized profusely and tried to make good when he realized his mistake (granted, it was fairly impossible for him not to realize his mistake given that he had it).

His act of apologizing and trying to do right by saying he was stupid and donating money to those in need is certainly enough for me to forgive. What is important is you learn and it looks like he did. I don’t see a reason for the man’s life to be upended. Who is that helping?

One can of course make the argument that “he could have killed someone” with his actions. But, I think that is just too extreme of a stance to take given the nature of his action.
Agree with this. I liked the post because I don't want him in Boston but in no way should his career be over for being a moron.

For me, what he did to his teammates and those who cover the team was inexcusable but we should be focusing on what he's done since then. He's been educated and been out there helping people in Utah and back home in France. He made a dumb mistake that could have had catastrophic results but thankfully it didn't.

At this point you can't play the what if game. You just have to move forward.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Agree with this. I liked the post because I don't want him in Boston but in no way should his career be over for being a moron.

For me, what he did to his teammates and those who cover the team was inexcusable but we should be focusing on what he's done since then. He's been educated and been out there helping people in Utah and back home in France. He made a dumb mistake that could have had catastrophic results but thankfully it didn't.

At this point you can't play the what if game. You just have to move forward.

I was unaware of additional actions of his outside of the donation and original apology which I'd argue any of us would do in that oh, shit moment to save the career/reputation.

If he is going above and beyond now then good, he definitely deserves more credit from me. However even at the time it was ridiculed as moronic - no defending it especially as celebrities know they lead by example at all times and actions can be blown out of proportion due to that.

I likewise think those stupid kids at the beach needing to "have fun" should be ridiculed for a long, long time but that is a different topic!

I 1,000% would never, ever want him in Boston and that will not change no matter how he acts now. He can continue his career as a role model and do it elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad