Celtics/NBA 2019-2020 Regular Season: Marcus Smart tests positive for CORVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
Tatum has had a great game, but that was a really stupid play at the end of the first overtime. A step back fall away 3 pointer instead of going to the basket?

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
The announcement was fantastic

We knew this was coming, but I was kind of conflicted before. Sure, he was THE REASON they won a championship, but six years felt like too short of a time for jersey retirement. I've come around for two reasons.

#1: The Celtics retire a ton of jersey numbers, and it's hard to say that Garnett is less deserving than some others.
#2: The impact he had on the organization. Doc Rivers mentioned it yesterday, but Garnett basically turned around the culture single-handedly, and that's remained since he left.

Reactions: Alicat

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Given his age, there isn't a single player I'd trade Tatum for right now.

Not sure I'd go that far, but that list might not be longer than Giannis and Doncic, and even Giannis is a tough case where he's a free agent after next year while you've possibly got 6 more years of control with Tatum.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Just finished watching the game, as I have said before, how can you not like this group !!

There's a Patriots' line "We are not just collecting talent, we are building a team." We are probably too quick to assume that talented players can just mesh well and their different personalities aren't going to cause problems, but that just isn't reality.

The 2018-19 Celtics were definitely more talented, but this team just works better together. The roles are more defined, which means the individual expectations are as well, so the team chemistry is better. I do find myself wondering if they had just traded Morris and Rozier before the season, would things have worked out? I guess Kyrie is just a disaster, so maybe the answer is no, but we'll never know.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Not sure I'd go that far, but that list might not be longer than Giannis and Doncic, and even Giannis is a tough case where he's a free agent after next year while you've possibly got 6 more years of control with Tatum.

Totally forgot about Doncic. That's a completing case.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
We knew this was coming, but I was kind of conflicted before. Sure, he was THE REASON they won a championship, but six years felt like too short of a time for jersey retirement. I've come around for two reasons.

#1: The Celtics retire a ton of jersey numbers, and it's hard to say that Garnett is less deserving than some others.
#2: The impact he had on the organization. Doc Rivers mentioned it yesterday, but Garnett basically turned around the culture single-handedly, and that's remained since he left.

I loved the early 80s and McHale and DJ for me were way more a Celtic then Garnett.That said though Congrats to him on such an honour.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I loved the early 80s and McHale and DJ for me were way more a Celtic then Garnett.That said though Congrats to him on such an honour.
It is a shame that DJ wasn't around for his number retirement or his HOF induction.

Not bad for a kid Seattle called a headcase when they traded him to Boston

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I just remembered ainge passed on the consensus number 1 pick and ppl crucified him lol

Tatum instead of Fultz. Wow. That is the definition of franchise altering. We’d still be good but nowhere near where we are. Fultz is turning into a useful player but he’s no superstar like Tatum

That footwork on the block last night was glorious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna