Celtics/NBA 2019-2020 Regular Season: Marcus Smart tests positive for CORVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Wonder why the Celtics didn't make an effort for Willie Cauley-Stein....only cost a 2d and salary is 2.2 M

I honestly think Theis and Kanter are both better. Apparently Timelord got cleared to return after the break too so we are getting him back

as far as depth pickups go tho he would’ve been an ideal target due to size/contract

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It’s kind of wild that our 3 leaders in O RTG and D RTG differential are Theis, Kanter, and timelord

makes no damn sense. They aren’t world beaters but they’re all effective in their own way

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Kanter + Grant Williams starting tonight

no jaylen, no Theis, no gordon

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The 1st rounders are starting to flash

Pleasantly surprised by both of their defense. Both could be great cheap depth for a few years while possibly blooming into more

Last edited:
Reactions: pgm16

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Darren Collison isn’t coming back this season

Tyler Johnson waived by the suns. His shot has been pretty bad since going there and he’s been banged up but he plays hard and when he’s going good he can shoot and distribute a little

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Darren Collison isn’t coming back this season

Tyler Johnson waived by the suns. His shot has been pretty bad since going there and he’s been banged up but he plays hard and when he’s going good he can shoot and distribute a little

I know there have been recent reports that he's not going to be bought out, but Tristan Thompson is my #1 target.

After him, I'm looking at guards who can score off the bench and shoot 3s (Langston Galloway is probably my top target there if he's bought out). Wayne Ellington is an under-the-radar option. He's not having a good year, but he's been a very good 3pt shooter in the past. I always thought that he was Khris Middleton-lite when it came to shooting 3s again the Celtics, but I just checked his career splits, and he's only hit 26% of his 3s against us. Could have sworn he never missed. At least it felt that way.

I don't think I want IT. He's a worse scorer coming off the bench, and I think his presence would just cause problems, even if Smart and Brown are the only two players left on the team who played with him.

Reactions: CDJ

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Getting worried about Jaylen Brown’s ankle. He said he twisted it a few times yesterday. I hope they stay on top of it the rest of the way.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Mavs waived Ryan Broekhoff to sign Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

broekhoff is an Aussie who was apparently really popular with his teammates- can shoot the lights out. I think he’s 40% for his career from 3 in the NBA. That’s all he does though. Wouldn’t mind another depth shooter though, I’m not all that high on carsen edwards as an nba player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna