2019-2020 - Around the League (All non-Stars NHL Talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Zuccarello had chemistry with a lot of guys here. What he decided to do was a stupid mistake, and he knows.

Now if he wants to get out of Minnesota there are options. And the Stars could be interested since they don't have to take his NMC, the Wild could even be willing to retain, and they need a center with some talent.

Reactions: gentleman scholar

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I sincerely doubt Zucc completely waives his NMC . He fought to get it and he's not giving it up even if it means having a miserable time on the Wild for a while.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
If there is real worry that this current roster is broken and needs a reset, it's probably also not wise to go swap a guy with two more seasons on his contract for a guy with four more seasons on his, especially when the latter is going to have to be protected in the expansion draft.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Zuccarello is not completely waiving his NMC to leave Minny less than half a year after he signed his contract. That is pure fiction . Even then Wild and Stars i don't think trade with each other.

Reactions: AJ Thelen

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
There's no point in discussing it. It's not happening. We can drop the discussion.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
If there is real worry that this current roster is broken and needs a reset, it's probably also not wise to go swap a guy with two more seasons on his contract for a guy with four more seasons on his, especially when the latter is going to have to be protected in the expansion draft.
This isn't necessary true though
Zuc has to waive his NMC to be traded to any team, the new team can decide to "honor" it or not
Typically a player won't waive an NMC without it being honored at the new team, but they can negotiate in an out for the expansion year, into the existing contract (kind of sort of how Seguin got an NMC added into his contract last year before his new one kicked in)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
This isn't necessary true though
Zuc has to waive his NMC to be traded to any team, the new team can decide to "honor" it or not
Typically a player won't waive an NMC without it being honored at the new team, but they can negotiate in an out for the expansion year, into the existing contract (kind of sort of how Seguin got an NMC added into his contract last year before his new one kicked in)

Sure but thats not happening . Zuccs camp fought hard for that NMC. He's not agreeing to get rid of it especially not less than half a year after he signed his contract . So we can stop talking about it

Reactions: MilesNewton

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Why not try mixing up the 1st line again? Stick Benn way down there maybe some time on the bench or 3/4 line will ignite a little fire. Have to wonder what his distraction is and lack of motivation.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Sure but thats not happening . Zuccs camp fought hard for that NMC. He's not agreeing to get rid of it especially not less than half a year after he signed his contract . So we can stop talking about it
Nah i refuse.
I was just the person who didn't want Zuc signed and still don't want him now.
But dammit you want to stop talking about how NMC can be honored throughout a contract with a expansion exception negotiated in with the acquiring team despite the fact that the Stars don't have enough quality forwards worth protecting that 1 nmc would be an issue anyway.
What the FO should be doing is seeing if Benn would waive his NMC for the expansion draft so he doesn't have to be protected and let him go be Seattle problem. And be closer to home and stuff

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Nah i refuse.
I was just the person who didn't want Zuc signed and still don't want him now.
But dammit you want to stop talking about how NMC can be honored throughout a contract with a expansion exception negotiated in with the acquiring team despite the fact that the Stars don't have enough quality forwards worth protecting that 1 nmc would be an issue anyway.
What the FO should be doing is seeing if Benn would waive his NMC for the expansion draft so he doesn't have to be protected and let him go be Seattle problem. And be closer to home and stuff
The trade for Zucc makes no sense for a lot of reasons. The length of his contract and the NMC are part of it.

When I think back to the post-Hicks years where the team was being run by creditors and the NHL, the worst part of it all was the team never got bad enough to get to pick truly great players. The best pick they ever got from those years was 8th overall. I would hate to think that adding Zuccarello to the other untradeable vets would mean the team is terrible but not so terrible that they're getting top five pick lotto balls.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
Zuccarello had chemistry with a lot of guys here. What he decided to do was a stupid mistake, and he knows.

Now if he wants to get out of Minnesota there are options. And the Stars could be interested since they don't have to take his NMC, the Wild could even be willing to retain, and they need a center with some talent.

1. He has played 4(!) games. No player or team jumps ship on each other because of a bad start of 4, 5, 6 or 20 games for that matter.

2. Why on earth would Wild be willing to retain any salary to get rid of the guy they wanted the most of every available UFA in the league just a couple of months ago?

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Yikes. Tomorrow if we lose will we see a Stars player come out and say Monty needs to be better?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Yikes. Tomorrow if we lose will we see a Stars player come out and say Monty needs to be better?

“if”

The fact they had a meeting like that and we didn’t should already tell you how that game is gonna go

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
“if”

The fact they had a meeting like that and we didn’t should already tell you how that game is gonna go
Or they did, we didn’t hear about it, and nothing changed. I’m not sure which would be worse. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad