2019-2020 Maple Leafs 5 Game Segment Breakdown

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Tampa has played 5 less games than us ? NHL is a clown show

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I added a column at the end to track what kind of pace we need to be on to hit the 96 points. Thought considering we are off the pace it was a good piece to add.

Reactions: willmma

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
we will know if this is a playoff team on january 1st. they play 7 straight garbage teams between dec 16 and dec 31st
buffalo, NYR, Detroit, Carolina, NJD, NYR, Minny.

they should go 6-1 against these teams. if they are still out after this run of shit teams i would regroup for next year.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Just to put this mystery to rest:

BACK-TO-BACK SETS OF GAMES
17: PHI, PIT
16: CAR, CHI, CBJ, FLA, NJD
15: DAL, LAK, TBL
14: BUF, DET, MTL, OTT, TOR
13: ARI, BOS, NYR
12: ANA, COL, NSH, SJS, VAN, VGK, WSH
11: MIN, NYI
10: CGY, WPG
9: EDM, STL

And:

D97YmMnWwAAS5as

The Oilers have the easiest schedule in the league, by a fair margin actually.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Big 5 game segment.

I think we have 4 very winnable games against teams that we need to win against (BUF, PHI and DET). We are a better team than them. COL is going to be tough again, but we did it once, we can do it again.

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
this team sucks ... they have had only 1 segment of more wins than loses. and 5 weeks of 2win and 3 loses
even under keefe they lost 3 of 4 (no OT points) and starting to look like they did with babcock. At least will will be able to get a crapton of assets for this STACKED 2020 draft

Reactions: wingman75

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
we will know if this is a playoff team on january 1st. they play 7 straight garbage teams between dec 16 and dec 31st

they should go 6-1 against these teams. if they are still out after this run of **** teams i would regroup for next year.
Lol gawd go to Christmas parties and watch the raptors
This team has the worst chemistry ever
Now u got Barrie just worrying about his numbers
I cant believe people thought this guy was a 7 8 9 million guy
He might be on a big decline

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
OMG!!! We got one...

If we cannot make hay from now up to the end of Dec, we are in some kinda trouble. There are a lot of winnable games in the next three weeks.

We need points vs BUF to start gaining ground on the race to 96 points.

Reactions: willmma

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018

they should go 6-1 against these teams. if they are still out after this run of **** teams i would regroup for next year.
"Seven straight garbage teams"? Only New Jersey and Detroit have worse records than we do.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
OMG!!! We got one...

If we cannot make hay from now up to the end of Dec, we are in some kinda trouble. There are a lot of winnable games in the next three weeks.

We need points vs BUF to start gaining ground on the race to 96 points.

Not only did we get one. We made up for the last one too.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
17: PHI, PIT
16: CAR, CHI, CBJ, FLA, NJD
15: DAL, LAK, TBL
14: BUF, DET, MTL, OTT, TOR
13: ARI, BOS, NYR
12: ANA, COL, NSH, SJS, VAN, VGK, WSH
11: MIN, NYI
10: CGY, WPG
9: EDM, STL

Complete joke.

B2B games should be even.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Segment 8 is a resounding success! Got it done in three games. Admittedly, I had marked the CAR game as a loss... happy to change it. On a roll... finally... and winning in a variety of ways. Would never have won this game under previous coach.

That's two in a row folks, and we are on a 95 point pace... almost back on track. Cannot afford too many more hiccups though.

Current Pace = 0.579 (95 PTS)
Pace required for rest of season to hit 96 PTS = 0.591

Only when those are equal will I feel even somewhat confident in us achieving a playoff spot.

Enjoy the break all!

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
I actually think we can stop with the segments. I think this stupid tradition died with Babcock. Keefe actually wants to win every game and doesn't have Babcock's loser's mentality. I am so mad that we wasted so many years - and the development of our players with Babcock.

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
I actually think we can stop with the segments. I think this stupid tradition died with Babcock. Keefe actually wants to win every game and doesn't have Babcock's loser's mentality. I am so mad that we wasted so many years - and the development of our players with Babcock.

Um.....like it or not these guys are in a way a product of Babcock. They didn't just flick a switch. I was a Babcock fan boy and didn't think a new coach could make a difference to this team. I am happy to choke on some crow.
Keefe just seems to know how to motivate these guys and has way better in game managment and is not afraid to try new things. Doesn't mean babcock years were wasted. The start of the season definitely. Still have to get into the playoffs and win a round tho.

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
Um.....like it or not these guys are in a way a product of Babcock. They didn't just flick a switch. I was a Babcock fan boy and didn't think a new coach could make a difference to this team. I am happy to choke on some crow.
Keefe just seems to know how to motivate these guys and has way better in game managment and is not afraid to try new things. Doesn't mean babcock years were wasted. The start of the season definitely. Still have to get into the playoffs and win a round tho.
Yeah .. I know .. I am making Babcock more evil than he is. I dont know why but in my heart I blame Babcock for the **** second period. Dont ask me why, because I dont know. :D

Reactions: KIWILEAFFAN

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC

I actually thought about stopping with the segments too, but I enjoy posting them.. so I'll do it for the rest of this season for sure. We'll see about next season when the time comes. But you are right, this is a Babcock "thing" for sure.

Reactions: KIWILEAFFAN

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
Yeah .. I know .. I am making Babcock more evil than he is. I dont know why but in my heart I blame Babcock for the **** second period. Dont ask me why, because I dont know. :D
All good. He definitely appeared to hold this team back to suit a style.

Let's just hope the team continues to improve under Keefe. I have enjoyed the fresh air and different vibe he has brought with him.
This is still the Leafs tho. World beaters one day and overpaid bums the next.
God help any team if these boys ever play a full 60.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
haha leafs come in and say to keefe well we have been doing this 5 game segment to break down the season with Babcock, Keefe looks at them and says there are 82 games in a season and I want to win them all, get that 5 game segment bull shit out of here

willmma

Jan 5, 2017

Disagree. I like the segment tracking and this thread is awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad