Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Can we sign Forsberg please? An injured and 9 year retired Foppa is gonna be better than freaking Dries in the lineup
Do you remember the energy Dries brought the team when he first came up? Don't you worry, everybody that wears our colors lifts and goes to another level. He'll be chomping at the bit.

Reactions: RumpleSnipeSkin

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Outside of Kaut based upon his performance so far, I've always thought Dries and LOC were the best callups for the Avs to win games. Especially these tight checking games down the stretch and into the playoffs.

They play the most NHL style game by far compared to others like Tynan, Megna, and even Greer.

Reactions: shadow1

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Rantanen really needs to work on his leg strength. Seems like he has weak feet while having strong upper body

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Outside of Kaut based upon his performance so far, I've always thought Dries and LOC were the best callups for the Avs to win games. Especially these tight checking games down the stretch and into the playoffs.

They play the most NHL style game by far compared to others like Tynan, Megna, and even Greer.

I prefer LOC. He has a better understanding of his role. Dries tries to be like Greer and draws dumb penalties.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I prefer LOC. He has a better understanding of his role. Dries tries to be like Greer and draws dumb penalties.

I tend to agree. LOC's a little bigger, and seems to have better athleticism, and a little better puck skills as well.

Really though it's an issue of who's playing better at the time.

Reactions: flyfysher

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Rantanen is moving so well, and I know that it was an UBI, but there doesn't seem to be anything bothering him when he stickhandles or shoots. Hopefully he's nearing a return.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I tend to agree. LOC's a little bigger, and seems to have better athleticism, and a little better puck skills as well.

Really though it's an issue of who's playing better at the time.

To me, Dries is still a call up. LOC may be a legit 4th liner.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Rantanen is moving so well, and I know that it was an UBI, but there doesn't seem to be anything bothering him when he stickhandles or shoots. Hopefully he's nearing a return.

I hope they’re extremely cautious with all of these injured guys.

I would love if the Avs won the division, but it’s not worth sacrificing them for the playoffs.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Do you remember the energy Dries brought the team when he first came up? Don't you worry, everybody that wears our colors lifts and goes to another level. He'll be chomping at the bit.

No. Dries sucks. Not good enough to be a bottom-6 player, and nowhere near talented enough to be a top-6 player.

I'm not necessarily mad that Kaut got sent down. I mean I thought he did quite well, but if he wasn't going to be cracking 10min TOI consistently, then let him take the confidence that he CAN play in the NHL back to the AHL for their push, and then be prepared to claim a spot next season.

But Dries? He's a useless warm body.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Well he falls down too much

He looked better in that regard at the beginning of the year. I bet that ankle injury undid some of the work he put in during the off season.

Let's hope now that he was out with an upper body injury he had the chance to rebuild some of his lower body strength lol.

Reactions: the_fan

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
He looked better in that regard at the beginning of the year. I bet that ankle injury undid some of the work he put in during the off season.

Let's hope now that he was out with an upper body injury he had the chance to rebuild some of his lower body strength lol
Exactly my thoughts

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I’m hopeful the Avs can get a couple bodies back by Wednesday, or Friday.

If the Avs didn’t send any of the injured guys on the road trip, I have hard time believing they will be ready to hop back into the lineup a day later on the second half of the back-to-back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad