Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Coyotes Prospect General Discussion and Stats Weekly Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
Matias Maccelli signed today. Was a huge fan of his at the WJC this year, sucks he never got a chance to play with better line-mates. Was really leaned on to carry their second line by himself and didn't get the numbers he deserved because no one could finish. Also liked what i saw from him in the Liiga this season. Made some real highlight reel plays. Needs to work on his defence, but i love his offensive potential.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Matias Maccelli signed today. Was a huge fan of his at the WJC this year, sucks he never got a chance to play with better line-mates. Was really leaned on to carry their second line by himself and didn't get the numbers he deserved because no one could finish. Also liked what i saw from him in the Liiga this season. Made some real highlight reel plays. Needs to work on his defence, but i love his offensive potential.

I've only seen highlights and one full WJC game. Haven't figured out a good comparable yet, but I want to say he plays a similar game to Boedker pre-neutering.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Thought I’d share a couple paragraphs from a THN article that just came out on the 2018 draft.

“The Arizona Coyotes went into the 2018 NHL draft with one pick in the first round. Two years later, it looks as though they came out of it with three first-rounders. That’s one of many takeaways from the results of a scouting analysis done for Future Watch 2020.

Barrett Hayton was taken fifth overall by the Coyotes at the 2018 draft in Dallas and he spent 20 NHL games with Arizona this season. Redo that draft again today and he’s joined in the first round by a pair of other Coyotes selections – defenseman Kevin Bahl, who was taken 55th overall, and center Jan Jenik, who was drafted 65th. They’d go 26th and 18th, respectively. (Bahl has since been traded to New Jersey as part of the Taylor Hall deal.)”

Hayton at 6th OV by the way. And Provotsev at 35 making him an early second round value.

Redoing the 2018 NHL draft: How would it unfold two years later? - TheHockeyNews

Last edited:

Dan10900

May 10, 2020
Thought I’d share a couple paragraphs from a THN article that just came out on the 2018 draft.

“The Arizona Coyotes went into the 2018 NHL draft with one pick in the first round. Two years later, it looks as though they came out of it with three first-rounders. That’s one of many takeaways from the results of a scouting analysis done for Future Watch 2020.

Barrett Hayton was taken fifth overall by the Coyotes at the 2018 draft in Dallas and he spent 20 NHL games with Arizona this season. Redo that draft again today and he’s joined in the first round by a pair of other Coyotes selections – defenseman Kevin Bahl, who was taken 55th overall, and center Jan Jenik, who was drafted 65th. They’d go 26th and 18th, respectively. (Bahl has since been traded to New Jersey as part of the Taylor Hall deal.)”

Hayton at 6th OV by the way. And Provotsev at 35 making him an early second round value.

Redoing the 2018 NHL draft: How would it unfold two years later? - TheHockeyNews
Not sure I'd take Bahl in the first in a redraft, I do LOVE the Jenik and Prosvetsov picks

Yes I'm aware this was done by THN, I'm just sharing my opinions on it

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
Hi guys, im in a keeper league and thinking about trading for hayton. Anyone who has seen him play can give an opinion on his value, projection etc ? Thanks !

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Barring any trades, Hayton should be a staple playing 2nd/3rd line C next season for the Yotes...the problem with selecting any Coyotes in a Fantasy draft is that team production is bottom 5 in the league, so relatively speaking they're numbers will be stifled due to the lame offense Tocchet plays.

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
How has he been playing lately ? Do you think he has a future at a 1C instead os dvorak/stepan ?

DOTS13

Werewolf of London
Dec 4, 2019
The Desert
How has he been playing lately ? Do you think he has a future at a 1C instead os dvorak/stepan ?

Game looks fast to him right now. He definitely has the strength and skill - just needs to find his pace. Who you thinking of giving up?

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
well it would be first overall 2020 for 3rd overall 2020 and barrett hayton. i was really not sure wht to expect out of him in terms of progression and projections. What I know is he wa considered quite reach at 5th overall, did good in the O and seemed to have a good year in WJC, AHL and cup of coffee this past season. but never really saw his skillset live...

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
well it would be first overall 2020 for 3rd overall 2020 and barrett hayton. i was really not sure wht to expect out of him in terms of progression and projections. What I know is he wa considered quite reach at 5th overall, did good in the O and seemed to have a good year in WJC, AHL and cup of coffee this past season. but never really saw his skillset live...
If draft were held today Hayton would go closer to 5 than 10 OV. It was considered a reach at the time but based on his play/development it doesn’t seem as big today as it was then. That doesn’t make those of us who loved Quinn Hughes at that slot any happier but there’s nobody today crying over passing over Zadina (who was the consensus BPA when we were up).

As for Hayton at the WJC. He was Absolutely outstanding. If you watched you would have come away extremely excited about Hayton.

Reactions: PuckLife

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If draft were held today Hayton would go closer to 5 than 10 OV. It was considered a reach at the time but based on his play/development it doesn’t seem as big today as it was then. That doesn’t make those of us who loved Quinn Hughes at that slot any happier but there’s nobody today crying over passing over Zadina (who was the consensus BPA when we were up).

As for Hayton at the WJC. He was Absolutely outstanding. If you watched you would have come away extremely excited about Hayton.
I really don't care how good players are in junior. It's how they play in the NHL, and Zadina is a .50 PPG player playing for a sad sack team in Detroit. I don't know if Hayton has developed because we don't see him play enough, what when he does he does not give me any warm and fuzzy feeling he was worth his draft selection, but no other player beside Hughes that was drafted after Hayton gives me that feeling either. I hope Hayton develops into a good player but I don't expect him to be better than a 2 C.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I really don't care how good players are in junior. It's how they play in the NHL, and Zadina is a .50 PPG player playing for a sad sack team in Detroit. I don't know if Hayton has developed because we don't see him play enough, what when he does he does not give me any warm and fuzzy feeling he was worth his draft selection, but no other player beside Hughes that was drafted after Hayton gives me that feeling either. I hope Hayton develops into a good player but I don't expect him to be better than a 2 C.
Hayton needs a half season in the A I feel to take his next step in development. The same thing Zadina was allowed to have this year. I’m confident he will be a very good 2C based on what I’ve seen in his development thus far.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Maccelli playing in a preseason game today. Interestingly.... he's listed as 2nd line center (with 2020 draft prospect Roby Jarventie on his left).

Reactions: Gwyddbwyll

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Hayton needs a half season in the A I feel to take his next step in development. The same thing Zadina was allowed to have this year. I’m confident he will be a very good 2C based on what I’ve seen in his development thus far.
I hope you are right.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Let's not forget that we're in the middle of a pandemic. It's easy to say Hayton needs a half season in the AHL, but I don't think there's much chance that there will be an AHL. IMO it's Coyotes or nothing for him. Unfortunately for other prospects it's more likely to be nothing.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
Hayton was ppg in the A returning from injury a month off the ice. He doesn’t need time in the A. He needs an opportunity to play meaningful minutes with the Coyotes, knowing he can make a mistake without getting benched.

Reactions: _Del_ and BigDoaner

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Looks like the European leagues are starting pre-season now and they're talking about December for the NHL with no word on the AHL. Maccelli and Raty are already in Finland, would it make sense to let Soderstrom and Bergkvist go play in Sweden too? Even players like Jenik or Prosvetov? Complicated situation and risky - what if either Jenik or Prosvetov get injured? Plus European teams have the choice of the entire AHL player base and probably not much money for outgoings. I did expect to see Soderstrom head back to Brynhas though.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Looks like the European leagues are starting pre-season now and they're talking about December for the NHL with no word on the AHL. Maccelli and Raty are already in Finland, would it make sense to let Soderstrom and Bergkvist go play in Sweden too? Even players like Jenik or Prosvetov? Complicated situation and risky - what if either Jenik or Prosvetov get injured? Plus European teams have the choice of the entire AHL player base and probably not much money for outgoings. I did expect to see Soderstrom head back to Brynhas though.
I think any young player that can find a place to play in their home country should take it. I highly doubt the AHL will play this season. Even if it does, there's no sense in sitting around waiting for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad