2019-2020 Around the League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Remember how the robbed us in the barrie trade 4 games into the season?

For no particular reason, I just remembered Hrudey saying a few weeks ago how Kerfoot has never been taught how to play defense and he'll learn playing for the Leafs.

Also just remembered Gardiner, who is a good player, being booed at home and chased out of town because he made too many mistakes.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
For no particular reason, I just remembered Hrudey saying a few weeks ago how Kerfoot has never been taught how to play defense and he'll learn playing for the Leafs.

Also just remembered Gardiner, who is a good player, being booed at home and chased out of town because he made too many mistakes.
That headband was wrapped too tight on hrudey all those years. That guy goes home every night clutching his Joel Otto plush doll crying himself to sleep after the Avs beat the Flames last playoffs.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Friedman mentions how Barrie hasn't asked for a trade but there's recognition this can't continue like this because of how important this season is for him. Apparently teams have called but the Leafs have said no so far.

Did Friedman just say Barrie wants out without actually saying Barrie wants out?

Don't want to read too much into it but whenever someone starts with, "hasn't asked for a trade but....", it's probably not good.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Barrie gets worked on a 2-on-1 for a Pittsburgh shorthanded goal. Barrie has been on the ice or directly responsible for 4 goals.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Barrie gets worked on a 2-on-1 for a Pittsburgh shorthanded goal. Barrie has been on the ice or directly responsible for 4 goals.

Obviously it's a stupid stat and usually not something that matters but the fact that Barrie is last on the Leafs in +/- and is currently in his 5th straight season as a - player despite being near the top of the team every year in oZS% is something. Obviously when you watch him play you know he struggles defensively but when his offense isn't clicking it's not pretty.

He's been terrible in the 3-4 Leafs games I've watched. I know he's being misused but eventually the excuses are a little much. He's just not clicking in Toronto at all so far.

Reactions: klozge

jaems

Apr 16, 2006
Babcock is going to get the brunt of the blame. But Ceci should not be a 1st pairing defenseman but he kind of has to because they don't have many other options. And the forwards... what were they even doing on that Malkin goal except staring as he went through the slot for a perfect opportunity.

That Toronto roster is way too flawed defensively for me to believe that a coaching change will make them a contender like what happened with the Blues recently and the Kings many years ago with Sutter taking over for Murray.

Reactions: MarkT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad