Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Those are the best jobs in hockey IMO. They are long term, stable, well paid, no pressure and you still get access to all the team inside info and get to give your POV on hockey ops.

10/10 job, would take in a heartbeat!

Yeah, you sit back, schmooze with rich corporate types, have an influence (but do not have to take responsibility) over day-to-day operations, and you have the ear of ownership. The problem only occurs if you're like Pat Lafontaine and you want a little too much influence.

Most of the time I'm not even sure how effective these guys are outside of a John Davidson-type.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The interesting part of this Devils situation to me is how twitter is doing the whole hockey people vs. analytics people thing again. Well, maybe not interesting but some of it is amusing. It's especially weird seeing Dellow's name brought up. He's such a people person, who makes friends everywhere he goes, so I don't see why there'd be any kind of issue with him.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The interesting part of this Devils situation to me is how twitter is doing the whole hockey people vs. analytics people thing again. Well, maybe not interesting but some of it is amusing. It's especially weird seeing Dellow's name brought up. He's such a people person, who makes friends everywhere he goes, so I don't see why there'd be any kind of issue with him.

Nice sarcasm there...:laugh:

Wyshynski, who's an ardent Devils fan, came out and said that Friedman alleged that the analytics people influenced the Shero firing. Friedman quickly jumped on social media and said no, he didn't say that, he clarified by saying the mere existence of the analytics team in NJ and Shero's reluctance to incorporate them into his day-to-day operations prompted the change. That's a pretty big difference. Rachel Doerrie, who used to work for the Devils as an analyst, echoed the same speculation in her latest podcast with Ian Tulloch.

I usually like Wysh but that was just blatantly irresponsible and lazy on his part, and it's prompted yet another lame "200 Hockey Men vs. The Computer Boys" debate. Just like what happened in Florida, owners doing dumb things has nothing to do with the validity of either school of thought.

I get that Dellow is not the nicest guy in hockey circles, but that just wasn't necessary.

Reactions: Avs_19

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Stupid, sure. That's not intentional whatsoever. There's no way Asplund thinks Heiskanen is going to fall at the exact moment he joins the battle.

I hate how players come into battles these days ready to cross check, but that's just an unlucky play.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Stupid, sure. That's not intentional whatsoever. There's no way Asplund thinks Heiskanen is going to fall at the exact moment he joins the battle.

I hate how players come into battles these days ready to cross check, but that's just an unlucky play.

Yeah, that's my thoughts exactly. He shouldn't be coming in there with his stick raised like that, but all hockey players do that unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad