2019-2020 Around the League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Not saying he's not tough, but I doubt too many players worry about playing against Kassian.

Worry? No, that doesn’t really apply to anybody nowadays.

Aware anytime he is on the ice? Absolutely. If you don’t know where he is, you might get your head knocked off. Those types of players most certainly have players aware of them at all times.

Reactions: missionAvs

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Coaching Nathan Mackinnon seems like a very attractive thing to be honest lol

I don't think they should fire Bednar because he's not the problem, and he's done a lot to help turn this team into a contender.

Realistically though the Avs are probably near, if not at the top of the list for any coaching candidate, because they have the most promising future of any team, and one of the top 2 or 3 players in the league.

Assuming the money is comparable, which may not be the case since the Avs tend to hire rookie NHL coaches, not expensive vets. The only coach they've ever really spent money on was Roy (maybe Q too), and that's because he also held the VP role, and played a big part in PR and bringing the fans back into the stadium.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Coaching Nathan Mackinnon seems like a very attractive thing to be honest lol
Couldn't agree with you more:sarcasm:
OrnateSplendidIlsamochadegu-max-1mb.gif

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Had a look at the main board thread about Detroit (potentially) being historically bad, and their fans don't seem to like people talking about them being bad. What a wee shame.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah but he's not in the league to fight. He does it and is good at it because he's huge.

There are none in the league anymore imo

I don't disagree. And I think the league is better off for it. More importantly, the fighters themselves are better off for it.

The Age of Goonery died when three of its most notable goons died in 2011.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Yeah but he's not in the league to fight. He does it and is good at it because he's huge.

There are none in the league anymore imo

Huh? Seriously? Why do Avs fans have such short memories? Does no one remember Sammy G going toe-to-toe with DeBrincat. If that's not an ultra-heavyweight throwdown, then I don't know what is.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Probably makes sense to take the "Luc Robitaille" position. They ain't gonna fire you if you're up high enough.

Of course Trevor Linden was in that position in Vancouver and was knifed in the back by his own GM and AGM.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Probably makes sense to take the "Luc Robitaille" position. They ain't gonna fire you if you're up high enough.

Those are the best jobs in hockey IMO. They are long term, stable, well paid, no pressure and you still get access to all the team inside info and get to give your POV on hockey ops.

10/10 job, would take in a heartbeat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad