Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I still think the coaches messed Graves up on the PK. When he first started he was fantastic on the PK, because he didn't give a flying f*** about blocking shots. He charged right into the corners, snagged the puck, and cleared it out regularly. Now you see him hesitate, float around, and try and block shots. It's simply not his game, and if Pratt has anything to do with that, they should fire his ass tomorrow.

I'm not gonna sit here and tell you that the guy is a PK genius, but he's capable of more than what we're seeing. I don't like some of the overall strategies this team employs defensively and on the breakout, and that's not only on Pratt, that's on the other two coaches as well.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Reading the comments from Kassian, it's painful to read. Thinking he's Mike Tyson in his prime with his tough boy talk :laugh:

One of the few downsides of the change in rules pushing the true tough guys out of the league. Now you have these fake tough guys thinking they're tougher than they actually are trying to bully everyone.

What are the chances Kassian and the like would be acting so tough if there were still the Parker's and Worrell's in the league? Or if the Flames still had guys like Chris Simon, Eric Goddard, Tim Hunter, and Brian McGratton.

Reactions: Foppberg

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
One of the few downsides of the change in rules pushing the true tough guys out of the league. Now you have these fake tough guys thinking they're tougher than they actually are trying to bully everyone.

What are the chances Kassian and the like would be acting so tough if there were still the Parker's and Worrell's in the league? Or if the Flames still had guys like Chris Cimon, Eric Goddard, Tim Hunter, and Brian McGratton.
McGratton was a beast. He's one of the last guys that genuinely brought fear to the other team, strictly from his fighting ability. And his serial killer like stare.

Apparently he's a 10/10 guy too.

Not like he's insanely attractive, but a stand up dude.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
McGratton was a beast. He's one of the last guys that genuinely brought fear to the other team, strictly from his fighting ability. And his serial killer like stare.

Apparently he's a 10/10 guy too.

Not like he's insanely attractive, but a stand up dude.

McGrattan, like many of his fellow enforcers, has battled serious addiction issues.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The Gallant firing is crazy and he shouldn't be out of work for long.

I don't want a team like the Stars to make a smart move and bring in Gallant. Hopefully their ownership/management just looks at the wins and sticks with Bowness for the rest of the season.

As for Bednar, I doubt he's going anywhere and nor should he IMO. The team is currently slumping but they're still in a good spot and have played well overall. He also just signed a two-year extension this past summer so he probably has a long leash. If they somehow missed the playoffs this season then who knows but not yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Kingslayer

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
There's only about 1 or 2 guys I'd dump Bednar for, and Gallant, good as he is, is not one of them.

Eh I dunno.

I'm pretty much as big of a Bednar fan is it gets. But Gallant is one hell of a coach. Somebody else already mentioned it but you give Gallant 3 playoff runs with this roster and we win at least 1 cup. He brought a significantly worse Vegas team to the cup finals as an expansion team in its first year.

I dont think he has ever had a player as talented as Mack to work with.

But it's a moot point. Bednar is not even close to the problem here right now. He has us playing genuinely good hockey at 5 on 5 on almost a nightly basis. He's probably somewhat to blame for the PK struggles, but I'm fairly certain that falls on the assistant coaches who are running that moreso than Bedsy. Plus at some point you have to look at the guys on the ice as a big part of the blame as well, especially the Defenders who seem to have a real hard time with the guys in the front of the net.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Reading the comments from Kassian, it's painful to read. Thinking he's Mike Tyson in his prime with his tough boy talk :laugh:
If you think Kassian is a guy that's all "tough boy" talk, you're mistaken.

The guy has fought Zdeno Chara, Matt Martin, Jamie Oleksiak, Michael Haley, etc. He doesn't give a **** who it is, he'll drop the gloves.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
If you think Kassian is a guy that's all "tough boy" talk, you're mistaken.

The guy has fought Zdeno Chara, Matt Martin, Jamie Oleksiak, Michael Haley, etc. He doesn't give a **** who it is, he'll drop the gloves.
Not saying he's not tough, but I doubt too many players worry about playing against Kassian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad