2019/20 Roster Thread XXVIII - Ghost could return 1/31; Braun could play 1/21; Hart Out 2-3 Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I think fetching a 35 yr old guy for a younger player on a lower AAV+longer term is a great solution after discussing "how do we finally move from rebuilding to contending" for years.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
We don't NEED a multi-year solution at C. We have Frost. Let him play or if they are dumb enough to keep him in the AHL all season, then find a 1year stopgap.

After last nights game, they likely just see how the JVR-G-TK line keeps looking.

But Tierney would still be my target if we are going to add someone.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ghost for Carter??

da ****???

Rehab, y’all need rehab

And by "all" I mean... :laugh:

Nah it makes sense. If you got a cost effective Dman (on a long term) AND cap issues, maybe trade him away for a higher contract with questionable future after 2 seasons. These are the trades that the wannabe internet GMs dont understand while the inbred league GMs perfectly improve everything.

I would be OK with Carter on 3C. But still, we are in cap hell and his value must be a low with his contract. Else I wouldn't have problem with him for 2,5 season.

But Ghost for him??? ROFL. NEVER.

As always, it’s not about what’s best for the team, some people just have an irrational hatred for Ghost and desperately want him gone. :laugh:

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
We don't NEED a multi-year solution at C. We have Frost. Let him play or if they are dumb enough to keep him in the AHL all season, then find a 1year stopgap.

After last nights game, they likely just see how the JVR-G-TK line keeps looking.

But Tierney would still be my target if we are going to add someone.
Someone like Eric Staal would be perfect. He's having a good season, playing on a team that should be rebuilding, is on a reasonable contract which ends after next season.

But that's probably a pipe dream.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Someone like Eric Staal would be perfect. He's having a good season, playing on a team that should be rebuilding, is on a reasonable contract which ends after next season.

But that's probably a pipe dream.

We can't afford him and really, we shouldn't need him beyond this season.

Reactions: Tripod

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
For the 100000th time, we already have a young/skilled/cheap 3C, we don't need to trade for anyone. He's just stuck in Gordon-land.

Then, if Fletcher is right, Patrick will return at some point and suddenly we have four top 9 Cs.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
For the 100000th time, we already have a young/skilled/cheap 3C, we don't need to trade for anyone. He's just stuck in Gordon-land.

Then, if Fletcher is right, Patrick will return at some point and suddenly we have four top 9 Cs.
Very true...but I am not convinced Patrick is coming back this year...and when he does, will be 100% and not go out again. I have no issue if we added a CHEAPER C option to help us right now but we certainly don't need anyone for next year yet. And at least if we added someone like Tierney, he is a RFA so we have options for next year based on how Patrick is looking.

We can trade for Tierney....then recoup whatever we used to add him if we want to move him in the summer...or in a bigger deal. At least it's not wasted on a rental....and not "locked" into a bad contract like Carter.

Seems to be the nice "middle" ground for all options.

oh...and yes....bring up Frost.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Of course, those who have chosen to despise Ghost for no discernible reason so far have shown they're eager to trade Ghost for anything just to get rid of him without giving consideration to value.

I hope the organization is smart enough to ignore those cries, but I'm skeptical.

Reactions: Striiker

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Very true...but I am not convinced Patrick is coming back this year...and when he does, will be 100% and not go out again. I have no issue if we added a CHEAPER C option to help us right now but we certainly don't need anyone for next year yet. And at least if we added someone like Tierney, he is a RFA so we have options for next year based on how Patrick is looking.

We can trade for Tierney....then recoup whatever we used to add him if we want to move him in the summer...or in a bigger deal. At least it's not wasted on a rental....and not "locked" into a bad contract like Carter.

I don't see Patrick coming back this year either. There are only 33 games left at this point. Season is flying by.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I presume Patrick will ride out his current contract and retire. This is the Philadelphia Flyers.
With him and Lindblom's future in the air, cap space for next year opened up, sadly enough. I originally thought JVR would be moved next summer with essentially Hayes replacing his money. But with P&O's issues, they might just keep JVR since both P&O likely get bridge deals....or just might get QO to keep their rights and then wait and see.

Obviously with Oskar, it's more about having a life than anything.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

oh...and yes....bring up Frost.
Well, to be clear, my plan isn't to rely on Patrick at all. I only mentioned him as a possible added bonus. My reason for saying we shouldn't make a trade is that we have Frost.

Couturier, Hayes, and Frost should be our three Cs for the immediate and foreseeable future, so long as we're without Patrick. I don't want to trade for anyone who we don't need and has any kind of chance to block someone like Frost (I know that shouldn't be a concern because it shouldn't happen, but coaches do dumb things). I'd rather keep as many picks/prospects as possible and use them for other things. I don't see 4C as a problem we need to fill through a trade.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
With him and Lindblom's future in the air, cap space for next year opened up, sadly enough. I originally thought JVR would be moved next summer with essentially Hayes replacing his money. But with P&O's issues, they might just keep JVR since both P&O likely get bridge deals....or just might get QO to keep their rights and then wait and see.

Obviously with Oskar, it's more about having a life than anything.

It will be interesting to see what they do with both of their contracts this summer.

Reactions: Tripod

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I would expect Frost to come up for raffl. Prob keep G at center. Load up the wings.

Frost hasn't played a single game at wing for either the Phantoms or Flyers. Why would you expect him to suddenly play wing?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Exactly one poster has proposed Ghost for Carter. But other posters start talking about "they."

IF the Flyers traded for Carter, doubt they'd give that much, Kings would like to move the contract.

Ghost, if he was traded (which I doubt), would more likely go to a playoff contender that needs a PP QB, that's his highest value given his contract and skill set, and would garner a pretty solid return.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Of course, those who have chosen to despise Ghost for no discernible reason so far have shown they're eager to trade Ghost for anything just to get rid of him without giving consideration to value.

I hope the organization is smart enough to ignore those cries, but I'm skeptical.

Ghost gets only traded in blow outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad