2019/20 Roster Thread XXVIII - Ghost could return 1/31; Braun could play 1/21; Hart Out 2-3 Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I don't think he set out to win big, he didn't trade a single prospect, and the only significant draft pick was #41 for Braun (recouped during the draft).
I think Fletcher tried to reshape the team to fit AV's preferences, L/R defensive pairs for example.
I think the Hayes signing was driven by Patrick as much the desire to make the playoffs.

Fletcher has said he learned from his mistakes in Minnesota. We'll see.

I think he Blues'ed the team, that's what he learned in the summer

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
You referred to them as franchise players. They are not that and neither have the potential/ceiling to be franchise players. They could be important parts of the future in the same way that Hornqivst was important to Pittsburgh and Eller was important to Washington. You need quality depth players, but quality depth players are not franchise players.

Bingo. Patrick and Lindblom both could be considered core, though it may not be best to assume so, given their injuries/illness. Its extremely unlikely either would become generational talents, though it is possible. No one pegged G for that, or Karlsson, etc and neither were high draft picks. They'd need to demonstrate franchise level talent first though, and neither did that before they went out, either. Good to great play, sure. All star level for Lindbloms short season? Potentially. But far from franchise level.

Reactions: Striiker

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Who says it has to be Ghost? And I highly doubt he is going to ship out a top 6 roster player to get another roster player

despite the love affair some have w/ Frost, he at this point in the season is NOT the answer to give this team the big push. I'm not saying he can't, but banking on it would be irresponsible for Fletch at this point, especially after his lukewarm showing earlier

7mil players can cost you 2mil or less at the TDL. Moving Laughts or Raffl in a package wouldn't be the first time a GM got inventive w/ the cap at the deadline

If Fletch makes a trade to upgrade the 3rd line at the TDL...it would be more than logical

If its your goal to upgrade the 3rd line, I can't imagine how moving both Laughton and Raffl accomplishes that.

Who is trading a 7mil player for Raffl and Laughton, either? We can upgrade the 3rd line for free with Frost. Your refusal to believe he's an upgrade doesn't make him less of one.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
If its your goal to upgrade the 3rd line, I can't imagine how moving both Laughton and Raffl accomplishes that.

Who is trading a 7mil player for Raffl and Laughton, either? We can upgrade the 3rd line for free with Frost. Your refusal to believe he's an upgrade doesn't make him less of one.

Picks always get moved at the TDL. Raff or Laughts would be the cap relief

I'm not refusing anything. But you have no more clue than myself whether Frost gets called up and plays significantly better than he did

refusing to admit he wasn't a needle pusher is what you should comes to terms with, cuz Fletch seems to of

The team is losing fans and the answer was to make a push. We can't change that. So if Fletch decides not pull a Hextall and just wait, he is just following thru

He won't be the first or last GM to try and improve his roster before the playoffs

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Frost's rank at 5v5 vs other forwards on the roster

7th best CF%
8th best xGF%
4th best CF/60
6th best xGF/60
7th best HDCF/60

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Curious how this rates against our franchise players.
Of guys with 150+ 5v5 min...

CF%xGF%CF/60xGF/60HDCF/60
KonecnyJVRKonecnyKonecnyJVR
CouturierCouturierCouturierCouturierHayes
LindblomNAKGirouxLindblomKonecny
GirouxLindblomFrostJVRCouturier
JVRKonecnyLindblomGirouxLindblom
FrostGirouxJVRFrostGiroux
VoracekVoracekVoracekNAKFrost
NAKFrostNAKHayesVoracek
HayesPitlickHayesVoracekLaughton
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Imagine thinking that coaches/GMs blocking superior players with inferior players isn't something that regularly happens. :laugh:

I sure would love to give up assets for more bottom 6 guys to play over Frost.
By choice, they are already blocking Frost with Raffl and Bunny. I would just rather they block him with better players if they are hell bent on doing so this year...lol.

Raffl+Hogberg for Tierney(50%)

:)

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
By choice, they are already blocking Frost with Raffl and Bunny. I would just rather they block him with better players if they are hell bent on doing so this year...lol.

Raffl+Hogberg for Tierney(50%)

:)
Raffl and Bunny are a perfect example of why I don't want to add any other bottom 6 guys to the roster. This staff can't be trusted.

And speaking of them not being trustworthy, the possibility of any trade is scary because I don't trust them to not get ripped off or target the wrong people. The fact that they've blocked Frost with guys like Bunny, Vorobyev, and Raffl shows how poor their player evaluation skills are. You may want Tierney but they might go after someone much worse.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Raffl and Bunny are a perfect example of why I don't want to add any other bottom 6 guys to the roster. This staff can't be trusted.

And speaking of them not being trustworthy, the possibility of any trade is scary because I don't trust them to not get ripped off or target the wrong people. The fact that they've blocked Frost with guys like Bunny, Vorobyev, and Raffl shows how poor their player evaluation skills are. You may want Tierney but they might go after someone much worse.
I know...I am just saying who I would target and why.

Can play C
Not a rental so can recoup what we spend on him in the summer
Or keep him next year if Patrick still has issues.
He is a 40+C
He is a PKer who chips in PK goals
Not PP reliant...29-38 ES points the last 3 years
But CAN play on the PP if injuries occur, had 10 PP points last year, 7 the year before

Essentially, he is an upgrade over Raffl, and Laughton...and of course lesser guys like Bunny, NAK, Pit, etc...Right now, would be our 6th/7th best forward.

But yeah, I wouldn't bother adding someone worse, because we have that in Laughts/Raffl. And I wouldn't go after a bigger target due to the cost to acquire and us not "needing" a long term C replacement next year.

As I said, he is sort of the "middle ground" type. Gives us an add to replace Lindblom in the top 9. Gives C depth. Cost would not be too high so not impacting the future...and we can recoup what we spend on him.

Reactions: Striiker

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Of guys with 150+ 5v5 min...

CF%xGF%CF/60xGF/60HDCF/60
KonecnyJVRKonecnyKonecnyJVR
CouturierCouturierCouturierCouturierHayes
LindblomNAKGirouxLindblomKonecny
GirouxLindblomFrostJVRCouturier
JVRKonecnyLindblomGirouxLindblom
FrostGirouxJVRFrostGiroux
VoracekVoracekVoracekNAKFrost
NAKFrostNAKHayesVoracek
HayesPitlickHayesVoracekLaughton
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

He's making tables now. Look at what the universe has done to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad