2019/20 Roster Thread XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Man, I used to know all about R2 and other statistical stuff. But 20 years later I've forgotten almost all of it. :wally:

I do remember this always being a problem.

Heteroscedasticity: Simple Definition and Examples - Statistics How To

Haha, I'm the same. I forget so much. And even though I have my black belt (unfortunately not the cool kind) in Lean 6 Sigma - which is advanced statistical analysis of variation and waste within corporate processes - it's still a challenge to apply it in real world situations.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Funny comment from a Provorov article

"Great article! Provorov is our do it all number one defense-man by a wide margin, and we have him with great contract tied to next six seasons, which is a reason to celebrate at it self! Our defense have two expendables in Braun, who we must trade assets back, which we wasted on him as a rental! And Ghost who we should trade for forward depth, which we sadly currently need(because of Oskar”s and Nolan”s cases), and possible trade partners could be Toronto and Columbus. In Toronto they need skill defense-man with good term, we should try to trade Ghost there for Kasperi Kapanen, a talented player with term, who suits well in our currently using system! Or trade Ghost to Columbus for physical and skilled player in Josh Andersson, because we badly need physicality our team, which NAK and Raffl has show”d us, and Andersson can also fight and stand up for our teammates, which is great because then we don”t need these tourist”s, like Chris Steward or Andy Andreoff any more!"

Reactions: flyersfan187

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

"Great article! Provorov is our do it all number one defense-man by a wide margin, and we have him with great contract tied to next six seasons, which is a reason to celebrate at it self! Our defense have two expendables in Braun, who we must trade assets back, which we wasted on him as a rental! And Ghost who we should trade for forward depth, which we sadly currently need(because of Oskar”s and Nolan”s cases), and possible trade partners could be Toronto and Columbus. In Toronto they need skill defense-man with good term, we should try to trade Ghost there for Kasperi Kapanen, a talented player with term, who suits well in our currently using system! Or trade Ghost to Columbus for physical and skilled player in Josh Andersson, because we badly need physicality our team, which NAK and Raffl has show”d us, and Andersson can also fight and stand up for our teammates, which is great because then we don”t need these tourist”s, like Chris Steward or Andy Andreoff any more!"
“.” key must have been broken.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA

I'd love to have Kapanen but our team is weaker at D then at forward, especially if Ghost is dealt. And Braun, while he gets a lot of crap here, has been a solid player for us.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I'd love to have Kapanen but our team is weaker at D then at forward, especially if Ghost is dealt. And Braun, while he gets a lot of crap here, has been a solid player for us.

The article also ignores that Columbus has absolutely no need for a player like Ghosy, having both Werenski and Jones as capable PP players and offensive or well rounded players. Toronto is also a poor choice as their top D, while certainly not terrible, is known for his offense more than his defense, and their prospects are all also more on the offense oriented side.

If not for that comment about Brain being expendable, I'd know exactly which poster here wrote that comment.

Reactions: Striiker

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
The article also ignores that Columbus has absolutely no need for a player like Ghosy, having both Werenski and Jones as capable PP players and offensive or well rounded players. Toronto is also a poor choice as their top D, while certainly not terrible, is known for his offense more than his defense, and their prospects are all also more on the offense oriented side.

If not for that comment about Brain being expendable, I'd know exactly which poster here wrote that comment.

I really hope that if Fletch decides to trade Ghost, it’s not for a 3C.

That would be a colossal waste of an asset.

Reactions: Starat327

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I hope he doesnt move him at all, and instead insists his coach use him properly. That in itself would be like a trade... except we wouldn't have to waste assets.

How do you feel about Kreider? What do you think he would cost?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I hope he doesnt move him at all, and instead insists his coach use him properly. That in itself would be like a trade... except we wouldn't have to waste assets.
Exactly.

Imagine if someone told you that we could trade a 3rd pair defensemen for a 1st pair defensemen... I assume everyone would be on board for that, right? :laugh:

Actually I take that back, some would disagree, just because...

Reactions: Starat327

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I really hope that if Fletch decides to trade Ghost, it’s not for a 3C.

That would be a colossal waste of an asset.

A big addition at C is probably the most impactful move this team could make, IMO. So I think it would be a great use of an asset.

But most teams already have their own small offensive defensemen, probably who are producing better. So I’m not sure there’s actually much of a market for the current incarnation of Ghost.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
How do you feel about Kreider? What do you think he would cost?

Love the player, but dont think were in a) the position to send our first+ for him, which is what I think its cost, or b) sign him to term, which would be the only reason I'd consider the cost in A.

With Patrick and Lindbloms injuries, were kinda stuck in the water, cap wise. If either come back next season, its unrealistic to think they'd cost much, but we also dont have much to spare, either.

Haggs money goes to Myers. Need a replacement for Elliott, and that wont be any cheaper than he is today, most likely.

One of Pitlick/Kubel has to go. Replace with Frost.

Braun is the only net minus cap transaction weve got, and we have to realistically assume some of that goes to Patrick and/or Lindblom.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Flyers shouldn't look at rentals unless they're low cost (i.e. 4th rd pick and second tier prospect like Vorobyev).
With Lindblom and Patrick out, the odds are long against a deep playoff run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad