Lindblom—Patrick—Hagelin
Raffl—Laughton—Hartman

Provorov—Gostisbehere
Sanheim—Karlsson
Morin—Myers
Hagg

Hart
Talbot

Veteran stacked team! Would be cup bound for sure.

Allows kids chance to dominate in Lehigh Valley

Gudas + 2020 1st is simply too much for Kadri. Toronto HAS TO TRADE PLAYERS. That means, they are in a bad bargaining position.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
f*** Nolan Patrick.

It’s not really him, but other teams are able to find better players when they bottom out/get lucky and the best the Flyers have had are JVR and Patrick.

I hate the kid, for what he’s not - but hopefully he shoves it up my ass and proves me completely wrong.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Honestly everything to me depends on what happens in FA. You have to think the Flyers will offer a shit load of $ to EK. Signing EK should remove the need to upgrade the D in Fletcher’s eyes.

Regarding C’s, I’d probably go looking at Kadri, and it kind of ends there out of who I think is available. Honestly I’m not sure there is a great option to truly upgrade 2C unless you want to overpay for Duchene. Hayes isn’t a 2C on a team looking to make noise in the playoffs imo, and he is going to be looking for term.

Patrick needs to just become that player, and if his brittle body can’t do it - then Frost. I’d love Trochek but that isn’t happening now.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Vegas is going to cut him. He's not worth anything. There's a really good chance they will keep Bellemare over Eakin.

Hagg is damn near the worst dman in the NHL and subtracting him instantly makes the 19-20 Flyers better.

Eakin would be a good 4C for us at worst, is 27 years old, a UFA next summer so there is no commitment, and is coming off of a 40 point season.

Hes not a top option, but id trade Hagg for him in like 3 seconds, even if it was just to flip Eakin for another asset later on.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Hagg is damn near the worst dman in the NHL and subtracting him instantly makes the 19-20 Flyers better.

Eakin would be a good 4C for us at worst, is 27 years old, a UFA next summer so there is no commitment, and is coming off of a 40 point season.

Hes not a top option, but id trade Hagg for him in like 3 seconds, even if it was just to flip Eakin for another asset later on.

With Hartman, Laughton and the rush to go out to stupidly sign Raffl I’m not sure I see spots on that fourth line.

The Raffl extension just pisses me off even though it’s kind of small. Was he really that good that other options couldn’t be explored? f***ing Vanilla warm body.

This team loves its mediocrity, and I would chuckle when they sign Hayes to some MacDonald kind of deal. Just wait for it.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
With Hartman, Laughton and the rush to go out to stupidly sign Raffl I’m not sure I see spots on that fourth line.

The Raffl extension just pisses me off even though it’s kind of small. Was he really that good that other options couldn’t be explored? ****ing Vanilla warm body.

This team loves its mediocrity, and I would chuckle when they sign Hayes to some MacDonald kind of deal. Just wait for it.
Raffl - Laughton - Hartman is a really good fourth line. Raffl is fine on the fourth line and 1.6 million is next to nothing these days.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

The Raffl extension just pisses me off even though it’s kind of small. Was he really that good that other options couldn’t be explored? ****ing Vanilla warm body.

Doesnt matter, Hagg for Eakin is still a no-brainer lol. You go into camp with Eakin, Laughton, Hartman, and Raffl all vying for a 4th line role and you let the best line take shape. There are always injuries to get scratches into the lineup and all 4 of those players have played up in lineups.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas

Do you think I need to be educated on how bad Hagg is?

He's still worth more as a trade asset than Eakin and he's a lot easier to bury. Eakin is making $3.8M, which is about $3M more than he should and $3M more than you need to pay to get his production. He spent the first half of the season playing up in the lineup when Stastny was hurt and spent the last half of the season playing with Tuch. He's not going to put up 40 points next year.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation

He's still worth more as a trade asset than Eakin and he's a lot easier to bury. Eakin is making $3.8M, which is about $3M more than he should and $3M more than you need to pay to get his production. He spent the first half of the season playing up in the lineup when Stastny was hurt and spent the last half of the season playing with Tuch. He's not going to put up 40 points next year.
I hate to agree with you but I call them how I see them. Eakin is a slightly better version of Laughton, making 3.8 million.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Raffl was a cheap signing for depth - YOU WILL HAVE INJURIES - I guarantee it, when has a team gone through 82 games without a few players getting hurt for an extended period?

Eakin to me is meh, his scoring is a bit like Hartman, he can score in the right place with the right linemates, but it's sorta fool's gold.
Otherwise he's a meh player. Ok for the 4th line, but paid far too much for that role, which is why Vegas will pretty much pay you to take him off their payroll.

Patrick at 21 and Frost at 20 are risky, but compared to what?

Will Hayes repeat last season or be the 34-35 ES guy he was the previous two years or the guy who was benched in the playoffs?
He has 13 points in 40 career playoff games, is he really better than Patrick?

Same with Nelson, 35, 38, 27 before last season, 9 points in his last 19 playoffs games which is good, -7, which is bad.
Is he a 2C or just a basic 3C.

And so on, just because you pay a free agent a lot of money, don't bet they'll be better than a prospect with a lot of upside.

James Neal at 30 was coming off 44, 28, 35 ES point seasons, and 16-12 28 in 56 PO games over that stretch.
Last year, el floppo. Only 4 years left on that contract.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
Raffl was a cheap signing for depth - YOU WILL HAVE INJURIES - I guarantee it, when has a team gone through 82 games without a few players getting hurt for an extended period?

Eakin to me is meh, his scoring is a bit like Hartman, he can score in the right place with the right linemates, but it's sorta fool's gold.
Otherwise he's a meh player. Ok for the 4th line, but paid far too much for that role, which is why Vegas will pretty much pay you to take him off their payroll.

Patrick at 21 and Frost at 20 are risky, but compared to what?

Will Hayes repeat last season or be the 34-35 ES guy he was the previous two years or the guy who was benched in the playoffs?
He has 13 points in 40 career playoff games, is he really better than Patrick?

Same with Nelson, 35, 38, 27 before last season, 9 points in his last 19 playoffs games which is good, -7, which is bad.
Is he a 2C or just a basic 3C.

And so on, just because you pay a free agent a lot of money, don't bet they'll be better than a prospect with a lot of upside.

James Neal at 30 was coming off 44, 28, 35 ES point seasons, and 16-12 28 in 56 PO games over that stretch.
Last year, el floppo. Only 4 years left on that contract.

all you doing is talking to a wall, fletch isnt playing any more prospects, fletch says he wants a 2c center end of story, rather you like it or not. prospects you are dreaming off playing here have to earn it, he's not playing them because you want him to.

Reactions: dag54

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I want to win the lottery, too.

Fletcher will look at UFAs and trades, but I haven't got the impression that he's in a hurry to make a bad trade just to make a few fans happy. He could have done that when he took over, the only deals he made were to trade Weal, Weise, Folin and then Simmonds. Guys with no future in Philly. Picked up a late draft pick, a veteran defensemen to help the AHL team and provide emergency depth, a third tier prospect in Bailey, Hartman and another draft pick. His one signing was Raffl, a veteran bottom six forward.

If Fletcher can't land a primo FA, me thinks he waits out the first rush and looks for bargains in free agency.
Paying a lot of money to a 3C who may get buried on the depth chart in two years might not excite him.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Lol, you literally just pull shit out of your ass.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Why would Vegas even want Hagg? They already have six defensemen signed better than him not including one of their top prospects in Nick Hague.

They wouldnt. No one does. Just a hypothetical based on an asinine comment.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Lol, you literally just pull **** out of your ass.

Would you trade a 2nd for Eakin? Because I bet you we could get one for Hagg given his superficial crap and age and contract.

Eakin blows, and if he was on this team you’d turn on him within a week. I don’t know why you want to die on this hill.

Reactions: Stizzle

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Would you trade a 2nd for Eakin? Because I bet you we could get one for Hagg given his superficial crap and age and contract.

Eakin blows, and if he was on this team you’d turn on him within a week. I don’t know why you want to die on this hill.

If we can get a 2nd for Hagg, he will be gone by draft day. Pretty clear Fletch doesnt value him.

I dont give a shit about Eakin. No I would not trade a 2nd for him.

Im just replying to the asinine comment that we shouldnt even trade Hagg for Eakin. Ive already explained why in a previous post.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yep. Hextall's FAILED plan is dead, whether people like it or not.
It also doesn't mean you make a long term signing only to regret it after year 1 or 2. Fletch so far has shown patience not to make a move that he could quickly regret later.

I do think he inquires about Spurgeon due to being familiar with him.

Something to think about, is the draft is 10 days before FA starts. GM's are not supposed to talk to FA until 6 days before FA starts. So in theory, teams won't be trading for guys like Trouba/Spurgeon until they talk to them knowing if a contract extension is possible. But the will Fletch also think why trade for those guys if you could possibly sign EK without giving up assets.

It will be a crazy 11 days from 21st to July 2nd.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
I want to win the lottery, too.

Fletcher will look at UFAs and trades, but I haven't got the impression that he's in a hurry to make a bad trade just to make a few fans happy. He could have done that when he took over, the only deals he made were to trade Weal, Weise, Folin and then Simmonds. Guys with no future in Philly. Picked up a late draft pick, a veteran defensemen to help the AHL team and provide emergency depth, a third tier prospect in Bailey, Hartman and another draft pick. His one signing was Raffl, a veteran bottom six forward.

If Fletcher can't land a primo FA, me thinks he waits out the first rush and looks for bargains in free agency.
Paying a lot of money to a 3C who may get buried on the depth chart in two years might not excite him.

you really think they made all these coaching changes and firing hextall, so they can pull another hextall like patience approach? you are really going to be disappointed.

Reactions: dag54

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
DD is still a very good hockey player on a very bad hockey team. He’s a player who I honestly wouldn’t be disappointed if we tried to get.

Defenseman of his caliber generally stay extremely capable into their mid thirties. Drew Doughty is one player I would bet on playing to a high level for a prolonged period.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Two realities, PEDs are history and the game is faster, that means age curve probably need to be adjusted slightly toward youth.
In other words, over 30 is even more "buyer beware."

Doesn't mean you shy away from them, but a name who was great in his 20s, should be judged on what you can expect from 30-34 both in terms of play and durability.

I'd love Zuc on a 3 year deal, 5 years, uh, think twice.
There's only a handful of guys who age gracefully like Justin Williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad