2019-20 Roster Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
As per usual you are filling in the blanks very liberally to suit your narrative. Must be nice to be a mind reader, are you one of the X-Men or something.

Just curiuos. What blanks did I miss represent. You brought up ROR and the success of the Blues and I simply pointed out they refused to trade one of 2 top tier prospects for him

Those aren't blanks...that is just plain fact

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Dallas also refused to trade Heiskanen for EK...although I suspect someone here would have. 7 years and all

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think the main reason, is we ARE just in that spot of maybe not needing anyone if Frost and Patrick just play to expectations at F and if our young D continue to develop.

Of course the flip side is if they don't, then we could be in trouble.

If we somehow add a guy like Spurgeon for picks/prospects, that is absolutely perfect because we are then ADDING to this group, not swapping out. And I do think a good vet Dman like Spurgeon would do wonders for our kids who have only have Gudas and AMac to lean on.

Here's the dilemma, we have a lot of prospects who will either be ready this year or next year.
Just look at Thomas on St Louis this year at 19.
Patrick 21, Frost 20, Ratcliffe 20, Farabee 19, Rubtsov 21, and so on.

Flyers already have a top six: G, Couts, Voracek, JVR, TK, Lindblom.
So three more and you've already filled out the top 9 and Laughton and Hartman are on the 4th line.
By the end of next season it could be awfully crowded, and that's if guys like Vorobyev/Bunnaman don't improve or Laczynski/Allison don't sign, etc. What if Strome learns to skate or Zumula does his Charles Atlas thang? :sarcasm:

Same on defense where you have Provorov, Sanheim, Ghost, Gudas, Morin, Myers and Hagg/Friedman as your #7.

If we're adding veterans, we almost need to throw Laughton/Hartman, Hagg, etc. into deals just to avoid a roster jam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad