2019-20 Roster Speculation Pt. 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
What about trading McCabe for Armia?

Hmmm. Pretty sure McCabe could return a more established/consistent guy than Armia - even if you had to package. Joel has been very flashy so far this season, but his body of work in BUF/ROC & WPG suggests he is a bottom-6 checking winger w/ a little offensive upside. He's Finn Sheary.

I also cant see them dealing McCabe 'for just a guy' as RK has clearly identified Jake as a core guy (hence the 'A') - that said, if I were to deal him I would rather try to get more of a pure scoring guy... Lots of role-players/checkers in this system already.

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
I wouldn't want hall, considering he'd likely be a rental due to dahlin, mitts, and Sam contracts... Plus you have the injury concerns. I think it's smarter to let him go where he goes. I'd only want him if I were a legit contender with enough cap space to keep him on for a cup run

it was nothing more than a fun thought

Hall-Eichel-Oloffson
Skinner-Mojo-Reinhart

Reactions: Mitts888

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Hall is someone you go after in free agency. Not trade Mitts+1st for.

Botts has positioned us to be able to go after a top free agent next summer. By the time Dahlins new deal kicks in I am sure Okposo is going to be off the team one way or the other. And with an ever rising cap adding a Taylor Hall would be glorious. Use the $ saved by letting Vesey,Sobotka and Sheary also walk and use in house replacements. Sign Hall.

Hall-Eichel-Reinhart
Skinner-Johansson-Olofsson
Cozens-Mitts-Thompson
Girgs-Larsson-Asplund

Now that is a forward corps that can challenge Colorado for tops in the league. Cozens spot could be filled by someone else if he is not ready but I am pretty sure Cozens is making the big club next year. He is definitely going to be too good for the Dub again and isn't old enough for the AHL so I am penciling him in.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

Botts has positioned us to be able to go after a top free agent next summer. By the time Dahlins new deal kicks in I am sure Okposo is going to be off the team one way or the other. And with an ever rising cap adding a Taylor Hall would be glorious. Use the $ saved by letting Vesey,Sobotka and Sheary also walk and use in house replacements. Sign Hall.

Hall-Eichel-Reinhart
Cozens-Mitts-Thompson
Girgs-Larsson-Asplund

Now that is a forward corps that can challenge Colorado for tops in the league. Cozens spot could be filled by someone else if he is not ready but I am pretty sure Cozens is making the big club next year. He is definitely going to be too good for the Dub again and isn't old enough for the AHL so I am penciling him in.

I like this line up but I cant help but naming that third line the island of misfit toys. All talent and zero toolbox lol. Lets all skate really fast and shoot hard and forget about that hockey thing. Who can outskate or outdangle who? Those boys all need vets on their lines.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
I wouldn't be giving up on Ullmark. He's only 26, and we know goalies take a while to really establish themselves. At least give the guy a full year under a good coach. Hutton didn't even have an NHL start to his name at age 26. Ullmark totally has the talent and potential to be a starter, if not a good back-up.
Watch highlights he helped win that game..

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I like this line up but I cant help but naming that third line the island of misfit toys. All talent and zero toolbox lol. Lets all skate really fast and shoot hard and forget about that hockey thing. Who can outskate or outdangle who? Those boys all need vets on their lines.

Mitts is turning the corner and getting better in front of our eyes. ~45 points is definitely possible and for the amount of ice time he gets that would be great for us. Tage has been great in Rochester and has started going to the net more. He isn't just toe drag and shoot 10 feet wide anymore. I really am excited for him to get a call up he would make the top 9 so much better then stale ass Sobtoka and ERod would. By next year Mitts will be in his 3rd full NHL season and will no longer be a "kid". They also would only likely get 13-14 minutes a game and there are very few 3rd lines that can even come close to having the talent those 3 have.

Cozens is going to be a stud I have no worries about him. In fact I see him as the longterm 2C and not Mitts. And that is not a bad thing, moving Mitts to LW next year would free his game up.

I just love having an offense that can score 3+ goals a game consistently again. Best forward group we have had since the 05-07 Sabres.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Hmmm. Pretty sure McCabe could return a more established/consistent guy than Armia - even if you had to package. Joel has been very flashy so far this season, but his body of work in BUF/ROC & WPG suggests he is a bottom-6 checking winger w/ a little offensive upside. He's Finn Sheary.

I also cant see them dealing McCabe 'for just a guy' as RK has clearly identified Jake as a core guy (hence the 'A') - that said, if I were to deal him I would rather try to get more of a pure scoring guy... Lots of role-players/checkers in this system already.

I'm not sure what the McCabe appetite is around the league. Given his age he's not terribly appealing as part of a player + pick package.

There appear to be very few RW available. Armia has played well in Montreal both this year and last. He's a glue guy not flashy, I think McCabe is too. I can understand not wanting this particular fit.

Buffalo has a tough decision coming up in the expansion draft. Whom of Miller/Montour/McCabe/Pilut/Joker do they want to protect; and invest in?

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Mitts is turning the corner and getting better in front of our eyes. ~45 points is definitely possible and for the amount of ice time he gets that would be great for us. Tage has been great in Rochester and has started going to the net more. He isn't just toe drag and shoot 10 feet wide anymore. I really am excited for him to get a call up he would make the top 9 so much better then stale ass Sobtoka and ERod would. By next year Mitts will be in his 3rd full NHL season and will no longer be a "kid". They also would only likely get 13-14 minutes a game and there are very few 3rd lines that can even come close to having the talent those 3 have.

Cozens is going to be a stud I have no worries about him. In fact I see him as the longterm 2C and not Mitts. And that is not a bad thing, moving Mitts to LW next year would free his game up.

I just love having an offense that can score 3+ goals a game consistently again. Best forward group we have had since the 05-07 Sabres.

Oh I hear ya on all points and wont argue them at all but you have to admit that's a risky line. Lots of talent and reason to deploy it. Playing devils advocate I'd rather see a mojo type stabilizing it somewhere though.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Mittlestadt has looked better in the last 2 games, he still has a way to go in controlling the game and the play. Sheary surprisingly has really been a big part to Mitts game since coming back.

40+ points would almost double his point total last year, that's a pretty huge step in development.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

Hall-Eichel-Reinhart
Cozens-Mitts-Thompson
Girgs-Larsson-Asplund

How do you figure we get rid of Okposo?

A 1-year cap dump cost the Leafs a 1st round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad