2019-20 Roster Speculation Part 16: Not much left to speculate about

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Too bad Skinner wasn't on the top line with Eichel instead of Reinhart this year...Then, we could have easily been able to set the proper amount for his next contract.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Low enough that a lot of people will lament trading for Vesey and not being about to OS him.

Although, I think it has been proven that Botts doesn't have the guts to throw an OS at a guy like Cirelli.

I wonder what their projection is for Cirelli.

Ooooh boy. Sam Reinhart is absolutely not a $9MM hockey player.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Ooooh boy. Sam Reinhart is absolutely not a $9MM hockey player.

I addressed this earlier, but I'd be very surprised if they settle on an 8 year term. The extra UFA years will likely drive the price higher than the Sabres want to go.

EW's tool actually produces a probability figure for each term scenario (from 1 to 8 years). For Sam they predict the following:

upload_2020-3-18_19-45-2.png

From what I can tell, their 'predicted' term just focuses on the highest percentage here. In cases like Sam's where the term predictions are all very close, it probably makes more sense to focus on their 'average' numbers.

Sam's contract predictions for a 5 year term is 7.1M, and for 6 years it's 7.4M, which is much closer to the numbers in Chad D's article that was published earlier. Personally, I also think they go with a 5 or 6 year term, but that's just based on a hunch more than anything.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I addressed this earlier, but I'd be very surprised if they settle on an 8 year term. The extra UFA years will likely drive the price higher than the Sabres want to go.

EW's tool actually produces a probability figure for each term scenario (from 1 to 8 years). For Sam they predict the following:

View attachment 337227

From what I can tell, their 'predicted' term just focuses on the highest percentage here. In cases like Sam's where the term predictions are all very close, it probably makes more sense to focus on their 'average' numbers.

Sam's contract predictions for a 5 year term is 7.1M, and for 6 years it's 7.4M, which is much closer to the numbers in Chad D's article that was published earlier. Personally, I also think they go with a 5 or 6 year term, but that's just based on a hunch more than anything.

That's where I've been as well to keep the AAV down

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Paying for a one-year transition is an issue with Bonino. As a target last summer? Yeah, but this year? Eh, not as much of a fan.

It would also be nice if they could identify and acquire a Bonino-type from before Bonino was Bonino.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I don't see the point. I don't think Mojo is all that great in the 2C role but I don't think Bonino would be any better.
I haven't looked at Bonino's numbers at all this season, but when I was considering him last offseason, the numbers said "4th line center at best" not middle 6 center or anything like that.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Its going to be fascinating to see what the NHL's financial landscape looks like next season. A very real possibility the upper limit will be not just lower but much lower than the previously projected 84-88mil. Which would throw a lot of teams into chaos without remedies in place (like compliance buyouts).

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Its going to be fascinating to see what the NHL's financial landscape looks like next season. A very real possibility the upper limit will be not just lower but much lower than the previously projected 84-88mil. Which would throw a lot of teams into chaos without remedies in place (like compliance buyouts).

Hoping Burke is right and they throw teams a compliance buyout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad