2019-20 Rocket Thread: Ovechkin, Pastrnak, Matthews, etc ...

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I disagree. If 2 guys (or more, whatever) are tied in goals, it should go to the guy who played less games. You score the same # of goals in less games then clearly you have been the better goal scorer that season. I mean the ross tie breaker after goals is who played less games so the rocket should be similar imo.

why stop there? By your "give it to Ovechkin" logic it should go to the highest GPG.

Congrats to the Rocket winner, Morgan Geekie and his 1.50 GPG. If he played as many games as Ovechkin he'd have 102 goals!

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
why stop there? By your "give it to Ovechkin" logic it should go to the highest GPG.

Congrats to the Rocket winner, Morgan Geekie and his 1.50 GPG. If he played as many games as Ovechkin he'd have 102 goals!

Hey, Ryan Poehling had a hat-trick on the last game of last season. He probably had the best GPG, then, so should he have won the Richard last season?

Reactions: BigBadBruins7708

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
2009-2010 there was a tie with players playing different amount of games.

They awarded it to both them.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I disagree. If 2 guys (or more, whatever) are tied in goals, it should go to the guy who played less games. You score the same # of goals in less games then clearly you have been the better goal scorer that season. I mean the ross tie breaker after goals is who played less games so the rocket should be similar imo.

Is there really a tie breaker for ross for less games? I didnt know that. If there is than it makes sense same logic should be applied here.

Personally i think since its a trophy about raw statistics - thats all they should look at, raw totals. If its a tie, its a tie.

But if the Ross has set the precedent id agree to do it the same way

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Is there really a tie breaker for ross for less games? I didnt know that. If there is than it makes sense same logic should be applied here.

Personally i think since its a trophy about raw statistics - thats all they should look at, raw totals. If its a tie, its a tie.

It's not a tie breaker.

There has been a tie in the rocket with both players playing different amount of games in the past. They were co-champions. Why change it now?

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
What is there to discuss?

If there are no more regular season games played Ovechkin and Pastrnak will be co-winners. It was done in 2009-10 with Crosby and Stamkos, and it was awarded to THREE players in 2003-04 (Iginla, Kovalchuk, Nash).

Reactions: authentic

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
What is there to discuss?

If there are no more regular season games played Ovechkin and Pastrnak will be co-winners. It was done in 2009-10 with Crosby and Stamkos, and it was awarded to THREE players in 2003-04 (Iginla, Kovalchuk, Nash).

Right? Idk why people are so confused about this. There are no tie breakers for the Rocket, so Pasta and OV will be co-winners, just like the others you mentioned were.

End of story

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016

How many goals does the player with the highest GPG have? Also, I never said" give it to Ovechkin". If you actually read the post I replied to, you'd see what was being discussed.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016

It's not a tie breaker.

There has been a tie in the rocket with both players playing different amount of games in the past. They were co-champions. Why change it now?

The ross has 3 tie breakers:

1) who has the most goals
2) who played less games
3) who scored the first goal of the season

Pretty dumb that the rocket doesn't have something similar.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The ross has 3 tie breakers:

1) who has the most goals
2) who played less games
3) who scored the first goal of the season

Pretty dumb that the rocket doesn't have something similar.
A simple Google search will tell you that there is no tiebreaker for the Richard. Just have to deal with it that there will be co-winners if the season is cancelled.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
A simple Google search will tell you that there is no tiebreaker for the Richard. Just have to deal with it that there will be co-winners if the season is cancelled.

I already know that and have acknowledged it lol. If you're going to quote my posts at least look at the original post I replied to.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I already know that and have acknowledged it lol. If you're going to quote my posts at least look at the original post I replied to.
What are you even arguing? If you want to split hairs about the Bruins playing one extra game, you can't ignore that both teams had 12+ games to go as well. You care way too much about this, he literally got the Rocket Richard trophy if the season ends today.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
What are you even arguing? If you want to split hairs about the Bruins playing one extra game, you can't ignore that both teams had 12+ games to go as well. You care way too much about this, he literally got the Rocket Richard trophy if the season ends today.

I'm not arguing anything lol. Some guy said if the season ends today, OV's rocket should have an *. All I said was, using that posters logic, that if anyone should have an * it's pasta not OV. I know there's no tie breaker, based on the rules pasta deserves it as much as OV. I was just replying to the one poster, not sure how it turned into this thing lol.

Reactions: artempogba

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad