2019-20 Rocket Thread: Ovechkin, Pastrnak, Matthews, etc ...

Mar 11, 2013
QC
Pastrnak doesn't see the ice when the opposing goalie is pulled and Ovechkin saves his best for when the goalie is pulled, never seen someone try so hard to get an empty netter.

I really don't see the point of this thread, Ovechkin just got a hattrick with 2 empty netters and is still 4 goals behind with Pastrnak having 2 games in hand.

Reactions: Trade

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Pastrnak doesn't see the ice when the opposing goalie is pulled and Ovechkin saves his best for when the goalie is pulled, never seen someone try so hard to get an empty netter.

I really don't see the point of this thread, Ovechkin just got a hattrick with 2 empty netters and is still 4 goals behind with Pastrnak having 2 games in hand.

Ovechkin has scored about 400 5 on 5 goals. He's pretty good with a goalie in net, obviously.

Besides, don't you want a Player to try hard to score a goal to ensure your team a victory?

Last edited:

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015

Lmao what a joke, you don’t have any idea what you are talking about

Zuluss

May 19, 2011
If I were to bet $1000 on OV winning the Rocket this year, the players I would be most worried about would be Draisaitl, then McDavid and Matthews, probably MacKinnon too. It is good to see that Ovechkin has grabbed a small lead over them.

Pastrnak still seems like one of the long list of hot goal-scorers who were giving OV a run for his money in December, but were nowhere close in April.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
probably

but just because he'll probably still lose to the guy that's won 6 of the last 7 rockets when it's all said and done doesn't really take away from the great season Pastrnak has had thus far

Reactions: gtrower

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
From the title I knew who made this thread. The season is long and only a little over a 1/4 done so ya Ovi has won nothing at this point.

Reactions: Madifer

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Night's not done, but this needs to be bumped.

Pasta Sauce is leading with 24 goals in 26 games. Trending for 75.

Ovechkin now has 20 goals in 28 games. Trending for 59.

McJesus as of right now has 19 while playing the Nucks in 28 games. Trending for 55.

Marchand has 18 goals in 26 games. Trending for 58.

Mack has 17 goals in 26 games. Trending for 54.

Reactions: CapsJunkie

almo8989

May 10, 2011
The thing with Ovechkin is that he's always pretty consistent throughout the whole year in most of his seasons. He'll have a ton of one goal games and then sprinkle in the odd hat track and 2 goal games. Almost every season we see guys get super hot and get a ton of goals early on and then they tail off as the season goes on and they don't score at the same clip. Ovechkin just continues to score here and there for the whole season and ends up winning the Rocket.

Reactions: KapG and Nsjohnson

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Pastrnak has the hot stick but he's done some stat padding himself, 10 goals vs bottom 10 teams, mostly on the bottom 5 end so let's not cry too hard about a few empty nets.

Well at least there was a goalie on the ice....

I think there’s a difference.....

(To be clear Ovy is obvs the best scorer of the generation, no debate to be had)

Will be a fun race. Hopefully Pasta stays healthy. If he does he could push 55-60. I keep expecting him to cool off but it just doesn’t seem like it will happen, even his assists are preposterous (like yesterday’s)

Sergei DRW

Nov 17, 2010
The only people Ovie is competing right now are the all-time greats. He has the chance to surpass both Mario and Steve Yzerman this year in total goals scored in a career.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Why can't Pasta win it? Draisaitl would've won it last year by a few goals if it weren't for empty netters.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
As I said in the thread at the start of the year, it would be unwise to bet against OV.

Wounded

Jul 9, 2011
With so many emptynetters for Ovechkin, Pastrnak will have really hard time to win the Rocket.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
What's Pastrnak's history of scoring goals? I mean, did he previously score quite consistently, or was he one of these guys who looks like a 50-goal scorer for thirty games here or there, and then looks average otherwise?

We know Ovechkin is consistent and keep it up for 82 games. I'm not sure if Pasta has convinced me he can do that yet.

Reactions: Zuluss

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad