2019/20 Pro-Tank Thread - Part II (Mod note in Post #154)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
I choose to combine the pleasures of a moderately successful playoff run this year provided by pixie dust, and a first ever first overall pick in team history when they inevitably fall apart in 2020-2021.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
I choose to combine the pleasures of a moderately successful playoff run this year provided by pixie dust, and a first ever first overall pick in team history when they inevitably fall apart in 2020-2021.

Pixie dust lolololo
giphy.gif

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Alright, dudes, you're being put on notice — the end of this thread is near. Pretty much everybody has hopped off the bandwagon and the remaining stragglers in this sub-community are going to find that this is an exercise in futility.

I'll give it another few days so you can say your goodbyes and filter on out and maybe get one last big loss.

(It goes without saying, but once this thread is closed, there won't be any sanctioned spaces to cheer against the team during its playoff push and possible playoff run.)

Last edited:

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Alright, dudes, you're being put on notice — the end of this thread is near. Pretty much everybody has hopped off the bandwagon and the remaining stragglers in this sub-community are going to find that this is an exercise in futility.

I'll give it another few days so you can say your goodbyes and filter on out and maybe get one last big loss.

(It goes without saying, but once this thread is closed, there won't be any sanctioned spaces to cheer against the team during its playoff push and possible playoff run.)

MilkyBriskAnura-size_restricted.gif

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009

Do what you have to but I must respectfully disagree with the premise that any argument in favour of tanking is invalid - even at this juncture. It ignores the separation of process from results in the long-term, as well as next season's implications too. YMMV.

Of course if they lock up a playoff spot there's no point but my concern is primarily with the continued existence of this thread after 2019-20. I've said it before and I'll state it again: as long as Benning remains who he's shown to be as a GM, I will be in favour of his dismissal.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018

I love it, the folks complaining about this thread the most are the ones who will be the most upset by it being closed (even though they enter the thread on their own and post in it daily). Hopefully it will improve the Management thread discussion, but I doubt it.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Of course if they lock up a playoff spot there's no point but my concern is primarily with the continued existence of this thread after 2019-20. I've said it before and I'll state it again: as long as Benning remains who he's shown to be as a GM, I will be in favour of his dismissal.
To be fair, these are two different things. I am for a new GM, and see that as a silver lining if, for example, the team were to come crashing down again next year. But that is different from the philosophy or importance of tanking as a strategy in any one season.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Five points behind the Blues for first overall. This team is much closer to the top position in the West than it is to missing the playoffs.
There’s always next year.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby

Keep in mind that this has served as the anti-Benning as we were directed to stop derailing other threads. If the containment thread is taken away anti-Benning content will disperse into the other threads.

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Keep in mind that this has served as the anti-Benning as we were directed to stop derailing other threads. If the containment thread is taken away anti-Benning content will disperse into the other threads.

Wouldn't a "Fire Benning" or the Management Thread work then if you guys are still wanting to discuss how/when he goes when this thread is locked up?

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Wouldn't a "Fire Benning" or the Management Thread work then if you guys are still wanting to discuss how/when he goes when this thread is locked up?
Agreed, and also like I said above, they are two different questions. It is possible to be pro-tank irrespective of who management is or how much you like them – e.g. the Maple Leafs and (to a lesser extent) Rangers have been roundly praised for basically approaching a rebuild with eyes open and planning for the future.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Agreed, and also like I said above, they are two different questions. It is possible to be pro-tank irrespective of who management is or how much you like them – e.g. the Maple Leafs and (to a lesser extent) Rangers have been roundly praised for basically approaching a rebuild with eyes open and planning for the future.

While true, the point of the thread was to allow posters to cheer against the canucks because cheering against the canucks was forbidden in the GDT. Whatever you call the thread, that was its purpose.

I don't think I want the management thread to become the new home for the anticanucks GDT, even if some people (wrongly) think that's what it is.

Basically just means you're no longer allowed to openly cheer against the Canucks anymore on this forum, which is probably fair but I dunno. Don't really see the harm in leaving the thread open. This place is so over moderated. Let people shout into the void if they want to. How is it bothering anyone? It's so odd.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby

That's fine, I was against us being moved to the pro-Tank thread anyway. Just making the point that this was the designated thread for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad