2019-20 New Goalie Equipment/Mask Sightings

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I still don't like how Bob is still using the same gear as last year.

1179361875_slide.jpg

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
The colors work, who cares if they're last year's? Bob's comfortable in them and stopping pucks is all I care about.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I still don't like how Bob is still using the same gear as last year.

1179361875_slide.jpg

He has changed up his sticks and skates since last season.

And since CCM hasn't come out with anything new yet this season, there isn't much for him to switch up.

It will be interesting to see what CCM goalies start using the new Axis line when it becomes available to the pros.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Is anyone else find it mildly annoying that all these masks are designed to be viewed at a distance of 2-5 feet? At pretty much any distance that you would see in game, these masks are illegible.

They also feel like they focus on adding decorations above all else. It’s not about good design. It’s about number of graphic elements. They seem super busy and way over detailed with little to no overall concept or vision.

Also, not a great use of contrast with much frequency. Only a few masks do it well.

They display some very nice techniques. They also have some nice individual graphics.

Overall? Meh

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Is anyone else find it mildly annoying that all these masks are designed to be viewed at a distance of 2-5 feet? At pretty much any distance that you would see in game, these masks are illegible.

They also feel like they focus on adding decorations above all else. It’s not about good design. It’s about number of graphic elements. They seem super busy and way over detailed with little to no overall concept or vision.

Also, not a great use of contrast with much frequency. Only a few masks do it well.

They display some very nice techniques. They also have some nice individual graphics.

Overall? Meh

If you ever read Dave’s descriptions of the mask artwork, it almost always includes some variation of “and when you come closer the details emerge and becomes a true story teller mask!!”

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !

Overall? Meh

I think the era of mask designed to intimidate the attacking player is long gone. Players add personal touches to their masks. And they aren't designed for someone seated 50 or 100 feet away from the ice to notice all the details. But you can see those in photos that get taken during the play especially with the quality of photographs today.

And pretty sure if you meet the goalie at some kind of a meet n greet, you probably can hear the story of everything there is on the mask.

Reactions: JBeast

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I think the era of mask designed to intimidate the attacking player is long gone. Players add personal touches to their masks. And they aren't designed for someone seated 50 or 100 feet away from the ice to notice all the details. But you can see those in photos that get taken during the play especially with the quality of photographs today.

And pretty sure if you meet the goalie at some kind of a meet n greet, you probably can hear the story of everything there is on the mask.
I am not saying they need to intimidate. They could go with a funny theme or whatever fits their personality. They should express themselves. It would be good for the position, especially since you can barely see their faces. Maybe design something you can see on a camera?
You can add a bunch of little details that are personal to the mask that can be viewed with the thing in your hand.

Just adding what I would hope to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1