Speculation: 2020-21 Management/Coach/Owner Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
It isn't just that. I hear all the time that the locker rooms and player amenities are some of the worst in the league.
Stephens just said this about the locker rooms in his latest mailbag:
Spoke with a team spokesman on the dressing room and was told that the renovation slowed a bit due to the coronavirus situation but it is expected to be completed in time for next season. The fact that the season may not begin until December at the earliest helps with the timetable, provided they’re able to continue work on it. I have not been to Honda Center since the final Ducks game so I don’t have first-hand knowledge of the other renovations to what used to be team staff offices. I’ve heard that the remaining original seats in the arena have all been replaced, but maybe a reader here can help confirm or deny that.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Why wouldn’t they be allowed to work on it? I work in construction and we are just as busy as ever. That’s not an industry that ever shuts down

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
At one of my job sites that I work at there was a few hold up for inspections. I could see that holding things up for them too.
Interesting. At our site we have a bunch of COVID-19 protocols that we are required to follow (Masks, distancing policies, etc).

but nothing that has really noticeably slowed down production.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
At one of my job sites that I work at there was a few hold up for inspections. I could see that holding things up for them too.

Interesting. At our site we have a bunch of COVID-19 protocols that we are required to follow (Masks, distancing policies, etc).

As someone who knows next to nothing about this, would the fact that construction being indoors rather than outdoors potentially slow things down in this situation?

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County

As someone who knows next to nothing about this, would the fact that construction being indoors rather than outdoors potentially slow things down in this situation?

One of my clients is a brewery in Anaheim, they wanted to install a sandwich shop inside so they could open up for food and perhaps sell a beer or two. The wait list for health inspections was a long waiting list from what I was told. I believe they were on a 3-week waiting list, then they were told to change 1 small thing and resubmit and to expect to wait the same amount of time again. I could only wager that if the Honda Center was facing the same kind of problems they would be behind too.

I can say from my side of the world (I own an Audio Visual installation company) that I've been told that the manufacturer of my major TV brands have shut down production and they are trying to empty their warehouses to not have to pay people to watch over TVs. I have certain sizes and style TVs that are out of stock and I won't expect to see new ones till possibly 2021! So I can guess that if TVs are hit like this other things could be held back too.

As for the indoor vs outdoor comment, I would wager that Honda Center wanting to keep a clean image is taking all the covid stuff serious. How much public faith would be lost if they had to shut down the work and tell the world that there was an outbreak. A lot of people would be afraid of coming back.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It’s definitely possible. I work in heavy civil construction so it’s mostly outside(although we are building a subway station beneath ground).

I’ll definitely defer to @DuckTech on this since it sounds like he’s got more experience in that specific field.

The thing about the construction industry from my experience is that it’s “recession-proofed“. It’s one of the only industries that doesn’t get Completely hammered by an economic downturn. Of course there are good times and bad but it’s mostly been consistent

Reactions: duxfan1101

LuckyDucky

Mar 18, 2015
One of my clients is a brewery in Anaheim, they wanted to install a sandwich shop inside so they could open up for food and perhaps sell a beer or two. The wait list for health inspections was a long waiting list from what I was told. I believe they were on a 3-week waiting list, then they were told to change 1 small thing and resubmit and to expect to wait the same amount of time again. I could only wager that if the Honda Center was facing the same kind of problems they would be behind too.

I can say from my side of the world (I own an Audio Visual installation company) that I've been told that the manufacturer of my major TV brands have shut down production and they are trying to empty their warehouses to not have to pay people to watch over TVs. I have certain sizes and style TVs that are out of stock and I won't expect to see new ones till possibly 2021! So I can guess that if TVs are hit like this other things could be held back too.

As for the indoor vs outdoor comment, I would wager that Honda Center wanting to keep a clean image is taking all the covid stuff serious. How much public faith would be lost if they had to shut down the work and tell the world that there was an outbreak. A lot of people would be afraid of coming back.
Brewheim?

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Anyone know much about Dave Baseggio? Got a promotion with the Kraken as director of scouting, so he sounds like a major loss for us. If he was highly regarded I wonder why we didn’t promote him to director of scouting to take maddens spot his promotion. Seems like a move that was made because he didn’t get the promotion.... would be interesting to know some inside information...

Last edited:

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Anyone know much about Dave Baseggio? Got a promotion with the Kraken as director of scouting, so he sounds like a major loss for us. If he was highly regarded I wonder why we didn’t promote him to director of scouting to take maddens after his promotion. Seems like a move that was made because he didn’t get the promotion.... wouldn’t be interesting to know some inside information...

Seattle must be huge fans of our front office with how they keep trying to poach our executives

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

37. Gabriella Switaj, Anaheim Ducks analyst and amateur scout: The former Boston College goalie was the first female Brendan Burke intern at USA Hockey and the first female amateur scout in the salary cap era for the Ducks. “She has a great hockey and analytical mind, which is critical in today’s game,” Ducks GM Bob Murray said. “Some people have what I call the ‘hockey brain’ and she’s one of them. We are lucky to have her.”

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Hope she's just the start of a successful analytics department we build in the coming years, it would be nice to one of the more advanced teams in that regard

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Anyone know much about Dave Baseggio? Got a promotion with the Kraken as director of scouting, so he sounds like a major loss for us. If he was highly regarded I wonder why we didn’t promote him to director of scouting to take maddens spot his promotion. Seems like a move that was made because he didn’t get the promotion.... would be interesting to know some inside information...

He already was the "Assistant to the General Manager".

I'm guessing they chose Madden as the future instead of him, and thats why he left.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
He was Dir of professional scouting. A role we addressed to Rick Paterson.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Not sure where to put it but I checked the team stats in the regular season from the start of February (~20 games for each team which is quarter of a season). The Ducks actually were #14 by points. It is not a full season sample size, but large enough one. I think we were trending in the right direction and we should expect an emergence from Comtois, Steel, Terry, and Jones that should help offset the decline of Getzy.

I think we were better than our draft pick suggests, Eakins should be getting a better feel for his team as well. I think we can realistically push for the playoffs next year unless some key trades or injuries ruin it. We will not surpass Vegas and most likely Edmonton. But Calgary and Vancouver will face some changes in the offseason and maybe we can surpass one of them. Won't be easy. But we are not the Red Wings bad either.

Have a great day!

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Not sure where to put it but I checked the team stats in the regular season from the start of February (~20 games for each team which is quarter of a season). The Ducks actually were #14 by points. It is not a full season sample size, but large enough one. I think we were trending in the right direction and we should expect an emergence from Comtois, Steel, Terry, and Jones that should help offset the decline of Getzy.

I think we were better than our draft pick suggests, Eakins should be getting a better feel for his team as well. I think we can realistically push for the playoffs next year unless some key trades or injuries ruin it. We will not surpass Vegas and most likely Edmonton. But Calgary and Vancouver will face some changes in the offseason and maybe we can surpass one of them. Won't be easy. But we are not the Red Wings bad either.

Have a great day!

Finally, a sensible post! Have an excellent day! :5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad