Fantasy: 2019-20 HF Sharks Fantasy Hockey

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
The season starts in 47 days... I noticed yesterday that Yahoo hockey is open.

I will make two leagues... one will draft on Saturday, September 21st, and the other will draft on Sunday, September 22nd. The time of day can be negotiated. I just have to put a time of day in order to finalize the league. I'm going to be out of town for the last week of September, so for selfish reasons, I cannot hold the draft then.

Please post which league you signed up for... either the Saturday one or Sunday one. Please do not sign up if you're not going to be active. Also, please post your team name so I know who is who.

Last edited:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Join my Yahoo Sports Fantasy Hockey league, HF Sharks 2019-20 Saturday

1. rangerssharks414 (Potvin Sucks)
2. Pinkfloyd (Marleau's Return)
3. Alaskanice (farmer in the Dell)
4. LA Shark (LA Shark)
5. socalsharksfan (Fun Must Be Always)
6. SharksFan1 (Million Dollar Banc)
7. 209 (CaptainCooch)
8. Sharks7 (SegaSuperSharks)
9. Wedontneedroads (wedontneedroads)
10. Evil Janney (Dr. Janney Romory)
11. Noslepr (Hertl's Turtle)
12. SJSharksfan39 (sjsharksfan39)

Join my Yahoo Sports Fantasy Hockey league, HF Sharks 2019-20 Sunday

1. rangerssharks414 (Potvin Sucks)
2. aircobra (Wookie)
3. SactoShark (Muffin Men)
4. tony d (tony_ducey's Team)
5. Kcoyote3 (Chmelevskhovich)
6. Internazionale (Str8 to the Banc)
7. nabbysauce (Logan Clutchoures)
8. hohosaregood (All About Evander)
9. Mafoofoo (Vlasic for Norris)
10. drunksage (drunksage)

Both leagues have the same settings.

-12 team category H2H (each category counts as a game)
-3 centers, 2 left wingers, 2 right wingers, 4 defensemen, 2 skaters of any position, 2 goalies, 5 bench, 2 injured reserve, 2 other injured spots (when a team doesn't place a hurt player on IR right away)
-Goals, assists, plus/minus, power play points, shots on goal, hits and blocked shots count for skaters.
-Wins, goals against average, save percentage and shutouts count for goalies.
-Maximum of 4 adds per scoring period
-You must have 2 goalie games played (just appearances, not necessarily starts) in order for your goalie stats to count.
-6 teams make the playoffs. The top 2 get a bye. The teams are reseeded after the first round.

Last edited:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
A few changes for this season...

1. I am getting rid of faceoff wins. Pure faceoff wins do not really matter for hockey as a counting stat. And I think faceoff percentage is a dumb fantasy stat.

2. By popular demand (I'm not sure if this is true or not, but whatever), any player you add will be added to your roster that day. If you add a player on a Tuesday, you will get that player on Tuesday. But just a heads up with this, as I have experience with this... if you add a player, all future lineups will be reset. And you will not be able to cut a player that played in your lineup until the next day.

3. I am pushing the championship match up a week, as many teams rest players during the final week of the season. Nothing is more frustrating as a fantasy owner when your star player is healthy scratched for rest purposes.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I will play again in the Sunday League

While I probably won't go this year, Sharks Fanfest is on the 22nd, which might or might not impact things.

Last edited:

tahoesharksfan

Old Fart
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
Back in League 1 as "Fun Must be Always" (again)...unfortunately, I will be out of town the weekend of the draft so will be "autodrafted"...

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
Are we changing the player add/drop rules?

If we go back to same day add/drop I am in.

If it stays where your transactions don't go through til the next day I'm out.

I can't guarantee being able to log in every day, so I really need same day add/drop to make it worth my time. A good amount of people were with me on this one last season.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Are we changing the player add/drop rules?

If we go back to same day add/drop I am in.

If it stays where your transactions don't go through til the next day I'm out.

I can't guarantee being able to log in every day, so I really need same day add/drop to make it worth my time. A good amount of people were with me on this one last season.

Yeah.

A few changes for this season...

1. I am getting rid of faceoff wins. Pure faceoff wins do not really matter for hockey as a counting stat. And I think faceoff percentage is a dumb fantasy stat.

2. By popular demand (I'm not sure if this is true or not, but whatever), any player you add will be added to your roster that day. If you add a player on a Tuesday, you will get that player on Tuesday. But just a heads up with this, as I have experience with this... if you add a player, all future lineups will be reset. And you will not be able to cut a player that played in your lineup until the next day.

3. I am pushing the championship match up a week, as many teams rest players during the final week of the season. Nothing is more frustrating as a fantasy owner when your star player is healthy scratched for rest purposes.

Sharks7

Jan 14, 2006
I'm in ! Saturday should work better for me this time of year. SegaSuperSharks! Thanks for making this happen again, always enjoy it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad