Dec 14, 2011
USA
Gabe Vilardi in his first NHL game probably:
giphy.gif

Reactions: Fifth Marauder

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
I just want the Kings to draft in the top 5-6. That crew of players are on a level above the rest. It's nice to see guys like Roy, Frk, Vilardi and also Petersen give some spark to the team.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
In 2005 we drafted some kid 11th overall and became the best player for over a decade and a half and had a debut to remember. In 2017 Kings drafted a kid 11th overall and had a debut to remember can history repeat itself. My goodness if only if only.

According to the experts, we supposedly have three prospects better than Vilardi as well: Turcotte, Kaliyev, and Fagemo (although I'm not totally sure about any of them).

Reactions: ru4reals

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
According to the experts, we supposedly have three prospects better than Vilardi as well: Turcotte, Kaliyev, and Fagemo (although I'm not totally sure about any of them).

Our Forwards look good. I really think we need that future #1 potential Dman. Drysdale could be that guy depending on where the Kings are since some scouts are saying he is a better player than Byram is at his age right now.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
This seriously looked like a brand new team tonight.

That's what happens when you actually have talent and not players who are 4th liners playing 1st and 2nd line minutes. IT's refreshing to see for a change. And to think Kaliyev, Turcotte, Fagemo, Bjornfot, 2020 1st rounder is coming too. It can only go up from here.

Last edited:

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Damn that game was fun to watch. Not much more to say about Vilardi beyond what's already been said, so happy for the kid. I'm assuming him and Frk played on the same line in Ontario? They definitely had some chemistry. I hope Frk gets a chance to earn a contract for next year, could be a nice middle 6 winger for the rebuild.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Our Forwards look good. I really think we need that future #1 potential Dman. Drysdale could be that guy depending on where the Kings are since some scouts are saying he is a better player than Byram is at his age right now.

Just imagine we get Drysdale and he becomes another Doughty or close to him. And Vilardi becomes a Kopi Clone. Then Cal becomes Quick. Okay ahead of myself but dreams just dreams.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Tell ya what, this team may not be good talent wise but they play f***ing hard.

We've got enough picks and prospects, I say keep the current vets around (Carts included) teach the new kids to be pros and win.

We've seen what happens when you rip down a team to rebuild to the studs and it's not pretty (Sabres, Oilers).

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad