Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Successful trip!!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
At this point I think the Kings finishing with the second worst record is all but guaranteed

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
I hope Rob Blake knows what he's doing. Because it's going to take years of drafting to rebuild this organization.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I have had zero reason to watch this team play uninspired hockey. No surprise to check in and see they lost.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
ain't gonna lie though the shestyerkin hype train on the main board is making me feel good

dude was on mars if he didn't swallow the puck off the initial shot, but they're gonna bet it all on his KHL laurels

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
Kings drafting needs 3 things:

1. draft scorers
2. draft scorers
3. draft scorers

Well, they took Turcotte at #5 and he certainly has some vision and offensive skills...and the Kings got the 2 best goal scorers in the second round in Kaliyev and Fagemo.
I actually believe Clague will make it and provide some offense from the backend. I hope they can get a #2 pick for Marty and Clague come up and start playing
every game. Could sure use some offense from the backend.

I think the biggest hole is a legit, #2 center that can create offense. That Rossi kid oozes offensive ability and will someday be a great #2 or even #1 center.
If the Kings miss out on Lafren or Byfield, either Stutzle or Rossi would be great. Probably in that order. Stutzle is impressive and reminds me some
of Palffy. Vilardi may well be that #2 center. I believe Turcotte can be that as well. He just may need 1 more year in college or a yr in Ontario. That's fine.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I have had zero reason to watch this team play uninspired hockey. No surprise to check in and see they lost.

They had zero reason to watch themselves play uninspired hockey. No surprise they checked out and saw they lost.

Management has publicly tanked. They've said they can no longer compete. The players, who have to put their bodies on the line, aren't going to give that extra effort when the franchise has told them they're not expected to. If it was a bunch of young guys, sure, but all the old rot is here, and not going anywhere, except very slowly, and over a number of years. Fans should never care more than the players do, and obviously while we don't actually care more than they do, sometimes it seems like we do, and at least the perception should never be that fans care more than players. Unfortunately, the only real bad part of rebuilding, is that fans don't get a refund. All anyone can do is not continue to pay more.

They were forced into rebuilding before they could really do it right. That's why everything looks so ugly and disjointed. They weren't trying to do it, and it's because of the contract situation. There are no free spending teams in big markets to dump older veterans to anymore.

The only reason any of us watch any of these games the last few years is because we're crazy. We're weird. That's also why the winning felt so good.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
They had zero reason to watch themselves play uninspired hockey. No surprise they checked out and saw they lost.

Management has publicly tanked. They've said they can no longer compete. The players, who have to put their bodies on the line, aren't going to give that extra effort when the franchise has told them they're not expected to. If it was a bunch of young guys, sure, but all the old rot is here, and not going anywhere, except very slowly, and over a number of years. Fans should never care more than the players do, and obviously while we don't actually care more than they do, sometimes it seems like we do, and at least the perception should never be that fans care more than players. Unfortunately, the only real bad part of rebuilding, is that fans don't get a refund. All anyone can do is not continue to pay more.

They were forced into rebuilding before they could really do it right. That's why everything looks so ugly and disjointed. They weren't trying to do it, and it's because of the contract situation. There are no free spending teams in big markets to dump older veterans to anymore.

The only reason any of us watch any of these games the last few years is because we're crazy. We're weird. That's also why the winning felt so good.

Didn't watch a second of this game. Feels good.

Problem is that the young guys in this team could go above and beyond to make an impression but they just shit themselves too.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
One thing I will say with regards to Kopitar’s production this year is... who the f*** else on the Kings is going to score? Teams can deploy their top shutdown line to stop Kopitar specifically and there’s not a single threat outside of maybe Toffoli on the entire roster. Guys like Iafallo, Kempe, Brown, Carter, Amadio, and Wagner would be on the third or fourth line at best during the cup years. We just don’t have the talent right now to do anything.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
If you're a rookie you just can't wait to play the Kings. Cuz you're guarenteed to score your first goal, get your first assist, get a point or have a multipoint game. Crappo Kakko no goals in a million years play the kings scores. Hughes no points in forever play the kings gets an assist. And can't forget Bellows first two goals of career. Just Brutal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad