GDT: 2019-20 GM#19 LA Kings vs Detroit Red Wings @7:30pm 11/14/19

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
cut.jpg

Detroit Red Wings(7-12-1, 15pts, Last in Atlantic) :thumbd:@ Los Angeles Kings(6-11-1, 13pts, Last in Pacific):thumbu:
Staples Center| Los Angeles, CA
TIME: 7:30pm PT | TV: FSW | RADIO: I Heart Radio App

QUICK STATS

:kings:wings
PP/PK 29th/30th 22nd/31st
Faceoffs17th18th
Leading ScorersAnze Kopitar: 6 goal, 12 assists, 18 pointsAnthony Mantha: 11 goals, 8 assists, 19 points
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
*Lines subject to change*
:kings
ka0nmyj.png

19bYD8F.png

5tnGAvD.png

TTmfO6l.png

4FIpycA.png

Scratched: Kurtis MacDermid, Ilya Kovalchuk, Carl Grundstrom
Injuries: Derek Forbort, Trevor Lewis

:wings
owpqOss.png

ILPLze5.png

Qm3eUP5.png

Injuries: Dan Dekeyser, Luke Glendening, Trevor Daley, Justin Abdelkader, Patrik Nemeth​

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
A King win can be devastating. Would then have 15 points and pass Minnesota, New Jersey and tie Detroit and Ottawa....go from Lafreniere to Perfetti. Too costly. Yes, there's a lottery, but give me the 16% or whatever chance and not a 4% chance. This year is about getting rid of: Carter, Toffoli, Martinez, Kovalchuk and Lewis...and getting experience for: Amadio, Luff, Walker, Roy, Wagner, Lizotte PLUS Vilardi, Kupari, Bjornfot, Anderson, Jad, Strand, Durzi getting pro experience...one of the LAST things this year is about is getting wins. Need the best shot at Lafreniere or Byfield.

Reactions: ibleedkings

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
A King win can be devastating. Would then have 15 points and pass Minnesota, New Jersey and tie Detroit and Ottawa....go from Lafreniere to Perfetti. Too costly. Yes, there's a lottery, but give me the 16% or whatever chance and not a 4% chance. This year is about getting rid of: Carter, Toffoli, Martinez, Kovalchuk and Lewis...and getting experience for: Amadio, Luff, Walker, Roy, Wagner, Lizotte PLUS Vilardi, Kupari, Bjornfot, Anderson, Jad, Strand, Durzi getting pro experience...one of the LAST things this year is about is getting wins. Need the best shot at Lafreniere or Byfield.
Its really not, If it was possible to get rid of some of our aging vets it would have happened already. With that said, even getting rid of those wouldnt allow NHL experience for some of the kids you mentioned for various reasons;
Toxic team, losing culture, some haven't even adjsuted to the AHL, they're better off building chemistry in Ontario and so on...
The wins will likely come, though not many and while the odds would be amazing if we tanked ala NFL the system doesnt reward that. It could also potentially be devastating to the confidence and development of younger guys like Amadio, Wagner, Lizotte, Grundstrom, Luff, Roy and even Walker...
This team is bad enough to fight for last place as is, no need to expose our future to this crap..

Lafreniere, Byfield, Raymond, Hultz, Drysdale, Perfetti, Stutzle and Lundell all range from Franchise player to All-Star... I'd kill for a top 2 pick but woul dbe more than happy for a top 5.

Reactions: LAKings88

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

:facepalm:

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
A King win can be devastating. Would then have 15 points and pass Minnesota, New Jersey and tie Detroit and Ottawa....go from Lafreniere to Perfetti. Too costly. Yes, there's a lottery, but give me the 16% or whatever chance and not a 4% chance.

You know there are 63 games left after tonight? In the 4 full years since 3v3 OT, the worst teams in the league are getting 60+ points, except for Colorado that one year. Very likely the Kings will get at least 47 more points this year. Probably 50+. There will be a couple wins in there. Devastating, on Nov 14th, just isn't possible. They could win 21-2 tonight, Kopitar could set the all time points in a single game record, Doughty could get 8 slapshot goals, and even Kempe could get the 21st goal, and they could still finish 31st at the end of the season.

Reactions: tbrown33

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Lotto balls gonna lotto ball.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Best thing that could happen to this team is to lose all the remaining games but to go on scoring rampages night after night to pump values.

Get ready for a 1-0 Detroit shutout.

Reactions: bouncesonly

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
there's that 5 hole we know and love

oh it caught post first my bad

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Doughty is such a turd. How the hell can you be elite and be on the PP while HOLDING the puck forever. Telegraphs shot for 90 seconds. So dumb.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
When the Kings execute the system, they look unstoppable.
yeah the difference these last 2 games has been obvious

they're not just casually skating to their spots, they're getting there quick and there's no waiting around

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad