Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wylie, Wyatte

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I don’t see him having success as a 4th line center that gets limited even strength ice time, wingers with limited skills and PK duties.

For him to be successful he will need to play too 9 with skilled wingers. He needs to control pace and distribute. He doesn’t consistently bring energy that you look for from guys that are playing limited minutes and need to make something happen to earn more ice time.

On top of that, he doesn't seem to be a fit on the wing and he would be behind Coots, Hayes, Patrick, Frost, Rubstov and Laughton at center.
Vorobyev doesn't have an NHL future. At one point I was a fan, but I don't see an NHL role. He's not a good enough skater for the top six, and he lacks the competitiveness and strength for the bottom six. I think he'd rather coast against weaker competition with more ice space in Europe. It's a better fit for his game.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I see the Pimp talk has once again descended into farce.

a48.gif

Where on Earth did you find this??

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Cap’n is one of a kind, I’ll say that. But it’s almost uncanny how I disagree with 99% of his hockey opinions.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
While the Cap'n's judgment is often questionable, his passion is undeniable.

"Into the valley of death rode the six hundred . . ."

Cap'n would be leading the charge.
I'm just wondering who he had shooting that video of him walking out on that golf course . His tail is longer than i thought .

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Cates continues to be underrated
I agree, but I’d say Ginning is the most underrated. 2 votes? If I had to bet on one of the remaining players to play the most nhl games, he’s absolutely my pick. 2nd rounder, 88 SHL games to his name at age 19. Featured regularly internationally; just was on Sweden’s first pair at the WJ showcase (2 pts, 8 shots in 5 games). He’s not flashy, but he’s a good, smart player.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Cates looked very smooth at the WJC, smart player who plays a 200 foot game.
Nothing stands out, but nothing seems to be deficient either, that is, he's a good but not great skater, can pass and shoot but doesn't "wow" you. 6'1 185 which will probably fill out to 6'1 200 or so, good size for a two way bottom six forward.
However, it's hard to judge his college career b/c no one seems to score a lot for Minn-Duluth, all they do is win games.

I think this is a key season for him, Richards is the only returning top forward, along with Koepke, so he should get 1st line time and be a key player for this team. If he steps up and has a big season (ppg is top scoring for this team), I see him leaving school and in the AHL for 2020-21.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I agree that Cates should have a breakout season. Everything is set up for it. If he doesn’t, then something is missing in his game.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He had a better 19 year old season in college and the WJC than JOB did.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I agree, but I’d say Ginning is the most underrated. 2 votes? If I had to bet on one of the remaining players to play the most nhl games, he’s absolutely my pick. 2nd rounder, 88 SHL games to his name at age 19. Featured regularly internationally; just was on Sweden’s first pair at the WJ showcase (2 pts, 8 shots in 5 games). He’s not flashy, but he’s a good, smart player.
I agree on your Ginning take a bit but he is a whipping boy on here and people don’t like to go against the grain . Just like if it’s better prospect they can make mistakes or have bad games but nobody mentions that . I thought Farabee had a great wjss thought Ginning and Yam Cork were decent and thought Brink needs a good start at Denver or he ain’t making the team.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Brink is young for his age group and needs to both fill out and work on his skating.
Check back in two years.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yes. Saying a top 50 pick from a year ago isn't a top 15 (or top 30) prospect in the system isn’t going against the grain.

This place sucks. Give someone too much praise = overrated. Criticize someone too much = whipping boy.

Not like the last whipping boy didn’t turn out to be quite possibly the worst defenseman in the league or anything. Or the most overrated prospect in hockey turned out to be a bonafide stud. It’s almost like some people know what they are taking about and aren’t just taking out of their asses about players they’ve never taken time to actually watch and evaluate. Just lazy.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I agree on your Ginning take a bit but he is a whipping boy on here and people don’t like to go against the grain .
In regards to Ginning it's kind of like the opposite stance with 24 year old Sam Morin and his 6 NHL games still being considered a prospect and a top 10 guy by so many. Some guys can do nothing right, and for others the excuses are endless.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad