Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wylie, Wyatte

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
He did mention Hogberg needed to get stronger and he was playing on a good team/league for his development. I didn't get the impression that they are giving up on him or anything. More that they think he is in a good place for now. Hard to argue as the SHL is pretty darn good and our prospects have been doing well there.
Agreed, Flahr seemed positive about Hogberg's prospects of coming over next year after one more year getting big ice time in Sweden. The kid has a great temperment and will either push for a spot on the Flyers or be a good trade bait asset.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Ironic that there's a tie between 2 players that may not be signed for differing reasons....

tenor.gif

Reactions: landsbergfan

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Ironic that there's a tie between 2 players that may not be signed for differing reasons....

Very true. This place is weird.

Also, both players didn't show up to development camp this year. One was taking classes at school. The other was disallowed to come by his club team. A very bizarre reason that our ace reporters got no clarification on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Here4ThaList

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
There was nothing stopping the Flyers from signing Hogberg this year and loaning him back to his SHL like they did with Sandstrom.

Reactions: Stizzle

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
There was nothing stopping the Flyers from signing Hogberg this year and loaning him back to his SHL like they did with Sandstrom.
There was nothing forcing them to either. They do in fact have more time to sign him.

I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't at least offer him a contract before he walks for nothing. Time will tell though.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
There was nothing forcing them to either. They do in fact have more time to sign him.

I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't at least offer him a contract before he walks for nothing. Time will tell though.

Well we know they wanted Kalynuk, Allison, and Laczynski to sign. Those guys lose their leverage and college eligibility if they would have signed. Hogberg risks nothing by signing. I think it's fair to assume Fletcher and his crew want to see more from him and as a result I think we can question his standing in the organization under new management.

There's really no contractual advantage to holding off on signing him other than a signing bonus this year vs. next year. It's a 3 year ELC if he had signed this summer with the 1st year burning off while on loan or a 2 year ELC next year when he would likely start in LHV.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad