2019-20 Dallas Stars Regular Season Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The spare defenseman all looked pretty bad in pre-season. The only guy who looked good there that didn't make the team was Harley and well him they can't call up.

Not sure who makes sense. Probably sitting in the pressbox anyway and Fedun will slot in. For that Hanley is probaly best suited.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Did anyone else think Oleksiak looked oddly good out there tonight? I don’t always pay 100% attention during games however he caught my eye multiple times.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Did anyone else think Oleksiak looked oddly good out there tonight? I don’t always pay 100% attention during games however he caught my eye multiple times.

Yeah he looked alright tonight. Had that one nice offensive shift and I didn't notice him pooping his pantaloons in the dzone.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Yeah he looked alright tonight. Had that one nice offensive shift and I didn't notice him pooping his pantaloons in the dzone.

Yeah I think that might be it. I was waiting for him to crap the bed and he kept making good simple plays. Hope for more of it. Should be him and Fedun next game they’ve had some good games together.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Yeah, Jamie O looked okay from the lower level, if not on TV.
Guri had a few bursts of speed and won a few puck battles, but also lost several. Needs work.
Benn did look to be skating with purpose.
Obviously, interference was the call of the night with these refs. Not all were legit.
We did put pressure on the last two periods, but pressure and scoring are obviously two different animals.
Overall, tough for a low scoring team to survive two gift goals (maybe just the first)

Hope that wasn't an omen for the rest of the season!

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I think at this point you hope Guri follows Hintz's path. Basically invisible the first 4 months of the season then turns it on. He needs the minutes and opportunities, even if the results don't come yet. That also gives time to Robinson, Mascherin, and Felhaber to work on their games at the AHL level and hopefully be ready when needed.

Reactions: Kcb12345

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Still interested who exactly the callups will be. It has to be guys the coaching staff likes enough to actually play. So that should mean the last couple of send downs should be the favorite but we'll have to see. Money hopefully doesn't play a role here. Gardner for example has a maximum level ELC while L'Esperance or Caamano have not. Mersch is by far the cheapest player but i doubt anybody on the coaching staff actually wants to play him in an NHL game.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Doesn't make any sense irregardless of your opinion on Ho Sang...he's on a cheap 2 way contact. Same as all our potential callups. Wouldn't cost us any extra money whatsoever.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
My guess is fedun and probably Camaano , lesperance. Janmark will slide up to the second line . Camaano should fit well with Faksa and cogliano , I think .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Too bad no JR21 but not overly suprised they went with the two 4th line guys . Not calling up a defenseman also means Polak will not miss too much time.

Reactions: Kcb12345

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If its at least a week i'm fairly certain there has to also be a defenseman coming otherwise they have now only 12 forward and 6 defenseman . Not sure thats a good idea to go into a roadtrip with. Hell it even has a back to back IRC

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Lmao I can’t believe these injuries to start. My guess;

Benn - Seguin - Radulov
Dowling - Hintz - Pavelski
Cogliano - Faksa - Caamano
Janmark - Gardner - Gurianov

Lindell - Klingberg
Heiskanen - Sekera
Oleksiak - Fedun

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
With them likely calling up two forwards more suited to the bottom 6, it looks like Janmark or Guri will get a shot in the top 6. Whether he desrves it or not, I'd rather they give Guri the chance there. We already know what Janmark is. I want to see how Guri responds to being given an opportunity to play in a spot in the line up that he is more suited to.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Sucks they had to use LTIR right away but it was clear this had to happen ASAP someone was injured.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Wasting ltir already. Lol Nill did such a piss poor job managing the cap

I mean it was clear that was going the happen the second someone had to be called up. Stars have 7.1 Million in dead capspace. Not too many teams can have that much dead cap and still have all that much left. Not if you are a competetive team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad