NCAA GDT: 2019-20 Bowl Thread (non-playoff games)

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
That should do it. James Franklin kept the program afloat amidst sanctions, got it back to where they should be averaging over 10 wins per season ahead of schedule, has a B1G title, Fiesta Bowl and now Cotton Bowl victory. Elite recruiting as well.

More on the way, this is just the beginning.

Please, do keep hating with whatever interior programs you all cheer for.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Face palm....clown football in Dallas....Memphis with an incredible 550 some yards of offense on that vaunted Penn State defense lol. The kittens can thank the fact they got to play an AA Conference team who made too many mistakes. Just like Pitt, Indiana, etc. and all the other mediocre trash PSU barely escaped.

The other game went as expected with ND blowing out ISU. Almost time for the appetizers to be over.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
There was once a time when Notre Dame went over a decade without winning a bowl game

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
What’s the Cotton Bowl record for points scored? We might have a new record today

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Face palm....clown football in Dallas....Memphis with an incredible 550 some yards of offense on that vaunted Penn State defense lol. The kittens can thank the fact they got to play an AA Conference team who made too many mistakes. Just like Pitt, Indiana, etc. and all the other mediocre trash PSU barely escaped.

The other game went as expected with ND blowing out ISU. Almost time for the appetizers to be over.
u sound very upset

Reactions: Rossi Rat

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
That should do it. James Franklin kept the program afloat amidst sanctions, got it back to where they should be averaging over 10 wins per season ahead of schedule, has a B1G title, Fiesta Bowl and now Cotton Bowl victory. Elite recruiting as well.

More on the way, this is just the beginning.

Please, do keep hating with whatever interior programs you all cheer for.

Here I'll translate that for you lol: Franklin despite his rampant stupidty and inability to win big games or beat ranked opponents (what is he now, 2-10 all time after today?) thanks to the benefits of yet another year of cowardly scheduling (hiding behind the "sanctions" excuse which was old years ago and Penn State brought on themselves with the most horrific scandal and cover-up in NCAA history) will now "improve" to 3-3 in bowl games...none of which were playoffs and again despite the pathetic non-conference schedules year after year, still had their 14th straight season with multiple losses.

Throw in another embarrassing loss to Ohio State (14th loss in 17 games to the Buckeyes) and a loss to a Minnesota team ranked far beneath them, and a Cotton Bowl win over low-ranked AA Conference Memphis lol in which they allowed close to 600 yards of offense and needed two key Tiger mistakes to win, and you have another season of failure in Happy Valley.

More on the way? lol I have no doubt. Penn State is solidly in the "has-been" category of college football. It's funny cause I know several PSU alums and fans personally and not a single one is happy with the state of the program right now. This piss-poor performance today is generating all kinds of amusing tweets and texts.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
meh, it wasnt like they were settling for FGs when all of the them were 40 and 50 yard FGs

They generated about 570 yards of offense on that vaunted Penn State defense. Turnovers and too many field goals....Penn State was lucky they were playing someone from a lower-echelon conference. But then again they're used to that, that's all they play outside the Big-10.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
They generated about 570 yards of offense on that vaunted Penn State defense. Turnovers and too many field goals....Penn State was lucky they were playing someone from a lower-echelon conference. But then again they're used to that, that's all they play outside the Big-10.
its not like PSU chose who they faced in the cotton bowl. memphis earned their way to the game. most teams play easy out of conference games. theyve had acc and sec teams scheduled in the past couple years and in the future.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Here I'll translate that for you lol: Franklin despite his rampant stupidty and inability to win big games or beat ranked opponents (what is he now, 2-10 all time after today?) thanks to the benefits of yet another year of cowardly scheduling (hiding behind the "sanctions" excuse which was old years ago and Penn State brought on themselves with the most horrific scandal and cover-up in NCAA history) will now "improve" to 3-3 in bowl games...none of which were playoffs and again despite the pathetic non-conference schedules year after year, still had their 14th straight season with multiple losses.

Throw in another embarrassing loss to Ohio State (14th loss in 17 games to the Buckeyes) and a loss to a Minnesota team ranked far beneath them, and a Cotton Bowl win over low-ranked AA Conference Memphis lol in which they allowed close to 600 yards of offense and needed two key Tiger mistakes to win, and you have another season of failure in Happy Valley.

More on the way? lol I have no doubt. Penn State is solidly in the "has-been" category of college football. It's funny cause I know several PSU alums and fans personally and not a single one is happy with the state of the program right now. This piss-poor performance today is generating all kinds of amusing tweets and texts.
how is losing to OSU in columbus an embarrassing loss? i love how you obsess over the 550 yard of offense memphis had, almost all through the air, but dont even mention that PSU had 400 rushing yards in the game. u act like memphis is the equivalent of new mexico state.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
its not like PSU chose who they faced in the cotton bowl. memphis earned their way to the game. most teams play easy out of conference games. theyve had acc and sec teams scheduled in the past couple years and in the future.

No they don't, and that's been documented here many times by other posters. They have Auburn home and home in 21 and 22, and that's it. ACC? Come on, unless they're playing Clemson please....*Just checked. VT is it. Mixed in with the usual crap they've been playing for years. Oh wait...in 2023 they actually have Delaware AND UMass in the same year!! Not one but TWO I-AA (or FBS or whatever it's called now) cupcakes in the same season. Pathetic.

I'll answer your other post here too. Great, they had 400 yards rushing...on Memphis. Not exactly a defensive juggernaut, from a second-tier conference. And as to Memphis's output, if PS backers are going to bloat their chest out over the great defense but they allow that? It bears mentioning lol. Not like they stopped anyone good all year and again, it was Memphis. And most PSU fans are pretty steamed losing again to OSU, in a game nowhere near as close as the score indicated and as I mentioned, it was Penn State's 14th loss to OSU in 17 games. That's pretty embarrassing I should think.

That's all the time I'll waste on those jokers. Franklin's a bum and they still can't beat anyone good when it matters. But hey maybe beating up on Delaware, Ohio (U not State), Villanova, UMass and other creampuffs in future years will get them over the hump lol.

member 51464

Also, gloating about win totals is a bit silly since more games are played overall than in earlier eras of college football. I think it's counting losses that really show who is elite and who isn't. Penn State has averaged 4 losses a year the last decade. Actual blue blood Ohio State has had more than two losses in a season a grand total of once in the same timespan.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
No they don't, and that's been documented here many times by other posters. They have Auburn home and home in 21 and 22, and that's it. ACC? Come on, unless they're playing Clemson please....*Just checked. VT is it. Mixed in with the usual crap they've been playing for years. Oh wait...in 2023 they actually have Delaware AND UMass in the same year!! Not one but TWO I-AA (or FBS or whatever it's called now) cupcakes in the same season. Pathetic.

I'll answer your other post here too. Great, they had 400 yards rushing...on Memphis. Not exactly a defensive juggernaut, from a second-tier conference. And as to Memphis's output, if PS backers are going to bloat their chest out over the great defense but they allow that? It bears mentioning lol. Not like they stopped anyone good all year and again, it was Memphis. And most PSU fans are pretty steamed losing again to OSU, in a game nowhere near as close as the score indicated and as I mentioned, it was Penn State's 14th loss to OSU in 17 games. That's pretty embarrassing I should think.

That's all the time I'll waste on those jokers. Franklin's a bum and they still can't beat anyone good when it matters. But hey maybe beating up on Delaware, Ohio (U not State), Villanova, UMass and other creampuffs in future years will get them over the hump lol.

Who should Penn State replace Franklin with?

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Who else remembers when notre same

Did the PSU football team run train on your girl? So much salt lol

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Penn State isn’t exactly Paterno level elite anymore but would you rather be in the wilderness like USC pre and post-Carroll or Miami? At least Penn State is still relevant.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Penn State isn’t exactly Paterno level elite anymore but would you rather be in the wilderness like USC pre and post-Carroll or Miami? At least Penn State is still relevant.
In terms of consistency within the program, and concentrated success, Franklin has been at lest on par with Paterno's on-field record in the 90's or late '00's

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Florida wins 36-28. Florida was up 2 possessions for a lot of this game, but a lot of people thought Virginia would cone out with their heads up their asses and that wasn’t the case either.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00