2019-20 Around the League: Congratulations, Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Do you have to work in a hockey ops department to have inside sources? That basically rules out every reporter.

A bunch of CA guys under his watch work for teams now. It makes sense for him to have sources.

I was referring to the fact that he worked in PR and ended up tweeting something ignorant.

Just because he was a editor of a blog where a few contributors are now working for NHL teams doesn't mean those contributors will share with Drance inside information. I would think that most people keep in touch with their former colleagues over their former boss.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Notice how Tuch couldn't score a single goal against a team that can play actual defence? Not hard to defend that one trick pony. The Canucks made him look like a superstar

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Vegas series was there for the taking it didn't help that Hughes played poorly for most of it but he did confirm today he was injured.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Vegas series was there for the taking it didn't help that Hughes played poorly for most of it but he did confirm today he was injured.

He more or less disclosed his injury post game, after the elimination game...I believe he was injured before Reaves literally destroyed him on the end boards..He started to get his mojo back at the end of the series.

Hughes was outstanding in the MIN and STL series...Shea Theodore was excellent for Vegas against the Canucks..

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
So did Dallas, but they were able to cash in on their own.

No they didn't. And they generated more than the canucks.

edit: If my math is correct...

5-on-5 the canucks averaged 28 scoring chances against. The stars 17.
All situations it was 39 vs 26.

Chances for the canucks averaged 17 vs 19 for dallas. 24 vs 27 all situations. So the canucks generated a bit less 5-on-5 but gave up way more. WAY more.

5-on-5 stats in the DAllas series have Dallas with 45-55% share depending on category. The canucks are ~35% across the board.

xGA 5-on-5 between DAllas and the Canucks was 0.8 goals in DAllas' favor. Similar amount in all situations.

There is no question that Dallas limited chances better than the canucks over the course of a series. The xGA for the canucks was nearly 4 for goodness sakes.

Last edited:

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

Chances for the canucks averaged 17 vs 19 for dallas. 24 vs 27 all situations. So the canucks generated a bit less 5-on-5 but gave up way more. WAY more.

5-on-5 stats in the DAllas series have Dallas with 45-55% share depending on category. The canucks are ~35% across the board.

xGA 5-on-5 between DAllas and the Canucks was 0.8 goals in DAllas' favor. Similar amount in all situations.

There is no question that Dallas limited chances better than the canucks over the course of a series. The xGA for the canucks was nearly 4 for goodness sakes.

also no question that vegas' dominance of possession was in significant part an illusion. they dominated the canucks and dallas 5v5 but, despite good goaltending, they nearly lost to the canucks and they lost to dallas in 5.

Reactions: Catamarca Livin

ugghhh

Apr 17, 2009

Yes, and still both teams needed excellent goaltending to have a chance (and in the Canucks case, beyond excellent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad