Speculation: 2019-20 Anaheim Ducks Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Has he though? Outside of Karlsson's outlier season last year, he hasn't out produced Rakell until last season and this year where he only had 13 more points in 13 more games played while Rakell played on a much worse offensive team. Let's also keep in mind that Karlsson only had 9 more goals than Rakell last season, they were both great last season. Might have more value because he's a center, but Rakell is also signed to a great contract while Karlsson is a RFA. Both players have turned into great players, don't feel bad about who we picked at all.

I think Karlsson might be more valuable as a player because, like you said, he's a center, and a good defensive one at that, but yeah I also think its really close. I think this year's production is around what to expect from Karlsson whereas this season was an obvious down one for Ricky, although I'm not too sure what to expect of him.

I also don't have any regrets over who they chose there, especially since I think there's been some rewriting of history with Karlsson in Columbus and I truly wonder if he needed to go to Vegas to put it all together(which obviously doesn't happen if he just stays here).

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
They did all have crappy seasons, but all have been considered hard workers and respected by the org. Fowler the future captain, Silf who was re-signed and held up as a positive example during a crappy season, Rico having been signed the summer before. That leaves Manson and Lindholm and I'd be surprised if they were considered guys who needed to change or be gone.

Edit: Let me exclude Silf from the crappy season group.
Kill me now

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Wasnt rakell playin with an injury for majority of the season, His production at his contract is more than good... the obvious guy is fowler... soft as butter... been playing worse.... got a nice big deal and didnt do anything to earn it.

After fowler signed that deal i imagine he was projected to be a leader/steady prescence. If thats the case he flopped hard

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Wasnt rakell playin with an injury for majority of the season, His production at his contract is more than good... the obvious guy is fowler... soft as butter... been playing worse.... got a nice big deal and didnt do anything to earn it.

After fowler signed that deal i imagine he was projected to be a leader/steady prescence. If thats the case he flopped hard

He had a wrist injury he played through for a while. I’m not sure if that exempts him from Murray’s criticism or not.

As for Fowler, it’s not him. The front office loves him.

I’m guessing it’s Ritchie, Lindholm or Manson he’s referring to.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He had a wrist injury he played through for a while. I’m not sure if that exempts him from Murray’s criticism or not.

As for Fowler, it’s not him. The front office loves him.

I’m guessing it’s Ritchie, Lindholm or Manson he’s referring to.
Eh to me a wrist injury for rakell is significant, his skill comes from puck handling not skating/speed. He looked much better the last 2 months of season.

I think with fowler, sure they love him but when you shell out that contract you kinda expect him to step up in some way... he basically regressed in every area of his game.

Ritchie... i thought took a big step forward last year, still prob not where the team is hoping for but trending the right way.

Manson i agree, hes on same boat as fowler imo... got new contract and played like garbage. Didnt step up the way youd want him to. We also dont have any options at rhd

Strongly disagree bout lindholm, like i said he was our best player not named gibson last year. He has been vocal with bm... basically saying RC was awful and put in a terrible system no one understood, havnt seen many othee players open their mouths. Lindholm showed up today, i dont recall any other players bein there. I think if anything lindholm has shown he is able / willing to be the next captain of the team... even watchin his interviews after loses this year... you can tell he hated loses... other guys like getz/fowler gave generic answers, we have to play better/ unacceptable etc... lindholm just seems like the only player that felt bad about last year.

Could also just be a warning shot, not directed at any 1 player... and were reading to far into it.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Eakins will try to play more of a 4 line game, most probably but I wonder who of Kase, Silfverberg, Terry, Sprong can play the other side too? I know Silf has tried but was he effective?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Eakins will try to play more of a 4 line game, most probably but I wonder who of Kase, Silfverberg, Terry, Sprong can play the other side too? I know Silf has tried but was he effective?
Rakell steel silf
Ritchie getzlaf kase
Jones henrique terry
Shore rowney sprong

Let sprong get pp2 time to add some mins to him
Comtois potentially playing 3rd line if he beats out jones?

I can also see sprong being used in a top4 rhd trade... so we can toss sheerwood there. I dont think eakins will be afraid to play a bunch of young guys.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Let's lose Perry, Kesler and Ritchie as if the team wasn't soft enough fans want Ritchie traded

I don't think you'll find too many posters who want Ritchie gone, just seems like it's a strong possibility. They had the contract holdout and it seems like Murray may have been speaking about or at least including Ritchie when discussing players who refuse to play through injuries/ailments (which sort of prompts a discussion on what "toughness" truly means).

Should he be dealt, let's hope it's in a deal for a guy like Ristolainen, if anything we'd be gaining truculence there.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Sadly no trading partner found. Will be interesting to see what happens now. I would quit in his case.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
I thought that Bargain Bob would NEVER EVER buy out anybody, I guess Perry must be REALLY bad and nobody was willing to give anything for him. So long Perrs, you've been a heck of player for this franchise but probably it's the right moment to move on.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I don't think you'll find too many posters who want Ritchie gone, just seems like it's a strong possibility. They had the contract holdout and it seems like Murray may have been speaking about or at least including Ritchie when discussing players who refuse to play through injuries/ailments (which sort of prompts a discussion on what "toughness" truly means).

Should he be dealt, let's hope it's in a deal for a guy like Ristolainen, if anything we'd be gaining truculence there.

Ritchie for Risto seems like a good match for both teams actually...

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Corey's buyout really sets Anaheim up to take on a one year cap dump and get picks/prospects from another team, no use is using the savings this year on a good player as they'll be unable to keep him beyond.

Reactions: duckpuck

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
Getzlaf and Rowney are our only players on the roster that are at least 30 years old (With Kesler out and assuming Eaves is done). Quite the change from the last year or two

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Sadly no trading partner found. Will be interesting to see what happens now. I would quit in his case.

Why would a guy who is one year removed from a 49 point season who just had major surgery to fix something that’s been bothering him for years quit?

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Vancouver is looking to move Tanev and I don't think it would be too costly. He also checks all the required boxes. Top 4 RD. Former Canuck. Can't stay healthy.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Vancouver is looking to move Tanev and I don't think it would be too costly. He also checks all the required boxes. Top 4 RD. Former Canuck. Can't stay healthy.

Of course they are, they must've seen how hot the RHD market is right now and wanted to join the action. IMO they're not actually interested in dealing him unless they get something very good in return.

Don't get me wrong, IMO they would be wise to trade Tanev this offseason, as they would gain assets for a guy they're likely not re-signing anyway. Thing is that, aside from Stetcher, they would then have absolutely nobody on the right side of their defense anymore...

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Why would a guy who is one year removed from a 49 point season who just had major surgery to fix something that’s been bothering him for years quit?

Won everything, hard offseason work, risk to take further damage on bis knee. He is 34 now, ist's not so easy to recover and his style of play demands a lot imho. I love this guy, we will see.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
That's a pretty big deal for this franchise, both in the amount of money involved, and in who it is. I have to believe the bad blood ran deeper than we ever knew.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I think the organization got sick of Perrys off season tbh. Dude never comes in shape, Murray has mentioned it multiple times and he's getting older so he isn't able to do that anymore.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Despite how I feel about the buyout, our team has changed a lot this season. And got a lot younger. That is until we trade for several old veterans. Is Thornton available?

Bieksa gone.
Cogliano traded.
Kesler questionable to return to hockey?
Patrick Eaves waived.
Perry bought out.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I think the organization got sick of Perrys off season tbh. Dude never comes in shape, Murray has mentioned it multiple times and he's getting older so he isn't able to do that anymore.

He may not have been the hardest worker off the ice and at practice but on the ice he always worked his ass off. I wonder how much his lack of off ice work the past few off seasons is due to his knee vs him being lazy.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
He may not have been the hardest worker off the ice and at practice but on the ice he always worked his ass off. I wonder how much his lack of off ice work the past few off seasons is due to his knee vs him being lazy.

Well that's not true. Maybe it was knee-related but go through pretty much every GDT involving Perry the last few years and you'll find people ripping him for floating and not skating hard at all.

Reactions: duckpuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad