Speculation: 2019-20 Anaheim Ducks Roster Discussion Part IIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
mymerlincat said:
Henrique doesn’t move to the wing until 2 of Steel, Lundestrom, Zegras, and Groulx become established middle 6 Centers IMO.

I agree he shouldn't be moved to wing until our center situation is better.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Quite relevant to this thread - I think one, if not both Jones and Comtois should be sent down. Neither are good enough that they have to be here right now. Would rather see Shore in the top 9 and Sherwood (or maybe even Carrick) come up and play on the checking line with Deslauriers rotating in when needed.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
I feel both Jones and Comtois would benefit from more time in the A. Sherwood would be fine on the 4th line or even 3rd in a pinch.

Reactions: MilesNewton

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
I feel both Jones and Comtois would benefit from more time in the A. Sherwood would be fine on the 4th line or even 3rd in a pinch.
How so? They already play at a NHL speed and obviously have enough size. Learning to finish against inferior completion for them is pointless. Terry on the other hand could benefit from being sent down

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
How so? They already play at a NHL speed and obviously have enough size. Learning to finish against inferior completion for them is pointless. Terry on the other hand could benefit from being sent down
Terry is a playmaker. He is making plays. His teammates aren't finishing them off.

Jones and Comtois are supposed to be goal scorers. But they're not scoring goals.

Finishing checks doesn't mean they're ready for the NHL.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Terry is a playmaker. He is making plays. His teammates aren't finishing them off.

Jones and Comtois are supposed to be goal scorers. But they're not scoring goals.

Finishing checks doesn't mean they're ready for the NHL.
So Terry failing to produce is the fault of his teammates, but Jones and Comtois are responsible themselves for not scoring?

Reactions: 11Justin93

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
So Terry failing to produce is the fault of his teammates, but Jones and Comtois are responsible themselves for not scoring?
Terry has made good plays this year that could have led to goals with better execution.

Scenario: If Terry sets up Comtois with half a net to shoot at, and Comtois doesn't convert, should TT be faulted for not producing the goal?

Terry could be doing a lot more. Hell, all 3 of them could, but Comtois has been invisible for the most part and Jones seems to be lacking offensive instincts.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Terry has made good plays this year that could have led to goals with better execution.

Scenario: If Terry sets up Comtois with half a net to shoot at, and Comtois doesn't convert, should TT be faulted for not producing the goal?

Terry could be doing a lot more. Hell, all 3 of them could, but Comtois has been invisible for the most part and Jones seems to be lacking offensive instincts.
Agreed. All 3 are not scoring at the rate expected.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Seems like we have a bit of chemistry issue here. Rakell-Henrique-Silfverberg is the only line that's clicking. I still want to try Steel with Kase, and maybe Terry with Getzlaf for an extended period of time.

Shore-Getzlaf-Terry
Rakell-Henrique-Silfverberg
Ritchie-Steel-Kase
Deslauriers-Grant-Rowney
Sherwood

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
With the Kase injury I thinknit may be time to split up Raks and Silf. Put Raks back with Getz and leave silf with Rico. Then call up Sherwood or Carrick.
Rakell-Getz-Sherwood
MC-Rico-Silf(this line worked early last year)
Ritchie-Steel-Terry
Shore/Jones-Grant-Rowney.

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
With the Kase injury I thinknit may be time to split up Raks and Silf. Put Raks back with Getz and leave silf with Rico. Then call up Sherwood or Carrick.
Rakell-Getz-Sherwood
MC-Rico-Silf(this line worked early last year)
Ritchie-Steel-Terry
Shore/Jones-Grant-Rowney.
This is an interesting idea. It's been a devil to find guys who work with Getzlaf so far, and Raks had success with him before. And as you say, there is chemistry among Comtois, Rico and Silf. Sherwood can be an aggressive forechecker and dig pucks out for the other two on that line.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
This is an interesting idea. It's been a devil to find guys who work with Getzlaf so far, and Raks had success with him before. And as you say, there is chemistry among Comtois, Rico and Silf. Sherwood can be an aggressive forechecker and dig pucks out for the other two on that line.
That was my thinking in a nut shell. Let Sherwood play an Eaves type role.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
I often wonder what could've been if they'd re-signed Perron. Him and Getzlaf had such good chemistry and he was good on the PP. It'd be nice to try and trade for him again, but considering he's the Blues 2nd leading goal scorer, I'm sure he's off the table.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
During the pre-season, I thought Jones looked the NHL part and Comtois needed far much more seasoning on the farm. Now, I see why Eakins wanted Comtois as a top-6 forward. Jones is still all speed with a lack of offensive ambiance. It's time to stop inserting him on the fourth line as part of the rotation. Today would be a good day to send Jones down as the Gulls will play a game tonight and tomorrow night. I want to season Jones as a top-9 forward, and possibly a top-6 winger. At this rate, Jones has been meh. Yet he's still getting playing time on NHL ice.

This is why I don't like the rotation idea of keeping players in the loop as opposed to a strategic reason. Jones doesn't really have to work for it if he's part of a loop rotation. Jones needs a wake-up, but giving him NHL ice b/c the coach doesn't want his players feeling remote isn't smart.

I don't mind growing pains, but we also have an AHL squad nearby that can aid in reducing that growing pain.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
During the pre-season, I thought Jones looked the NHL part and Comtois needed far much more seasoning on the farm. Now, I see why Eakins wanted Comtois as a top-6 forward. Jones is still all speed with a lack of offensive ambiance. It's time to stop inserting him on the fourth line as part of the rotation. Today would be a good day to send Jones down as the Gulls will play a game tonight and tomorrow night. I want to season Jones as a top-9 forward, and possibly a top-6 winger. At this rate, Jones has been meh. Yet he's still getting playing time on NHL ice.

This is why I don't like the rotation idea of keeping players in the loop as opposed to a strategic reason. Jones doesn't really have to work for it if he's part of a loop rotation. Jones needs a wake-up, but giving him NHL ice b/c the coach doesn't want his players feeling remote isn't smart.

I don't mind growing pains, but we also have an AHL squad nearby that can aid in reducing that growing pain.
So much of it is mental maybe he needs some confidence and sending him down for a while might not be bad at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad