GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 21 • QF1: CZE (4) - FIN (3) F/SO

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Tolvanen has generated how many high quality chances for his teammates? Wouldn't mind if someone decided to score on a pass like that.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Still no Tolvanen and Heponiemi together at any part of this WJC - the biggest 'what if' of the tournament for me.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I don't even care if we win at this point. Canada would s l a u g h t e r this team.
Err, nope. The Czechs are legit and I believe they will win this game. A slaughter? Are you kidding, have you even been keeping track of the teams in the opposite group? This Czech team is tough to beat. But whatever floats the boat as Canadian fan, being in the "tough group" and all.

This Czech team beat the Russian team and gave the Swedish team a run for their money. If you put out their skates against them, you will lose.

Reactions: agentblack

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Heponiemi and Koivula are useless once again. Don't know how Heponiemi has scored so many points this season

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Finland is the better team. Czech is much better on special teams though.

If Finland plays smart and stays out of the box they should be able to win this.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Finland is the better team. Czech is much better on special teams though.

If Finland plays smart and stays out of the box they should be able to win this.
You're only as good as your last shift.
The better team is the one which shows up for the match.
You don't have to be better than the other team, you have to score 1 more goal in 60 minutes of play time.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Heponiemi and Koivula are useless once again. Don't know how Heponiemi has scored so many points this season
Needs to play with a sniper like Tolvanen. Not sure why they've never played together.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
That not what the reporter said...
He pointed at stuff and said something. This is what I got.

If he'd shoot like Laine and break the stick on every hundredth shot, it would be about 2.000 shots.

There could be as much as three goals for us in that pile!

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Not sold on Tolvanen so far. He makes stupid plays and is extremely predictable. That last play before the buzzer was a good indication of his tournament so far: not even trying to shoot from a decent angle, instead keeps his sight focused on a Finnish d-man and passes the puck to him when there's something like 6 seconds on the clock. The play ends up in the boards and the Czechs have an easy time to run the clock out.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
I really don't get it - why are people complaining about Team Finland on here? They clearly outshot the Czech team 16:4 and dominated the first period of the game. The only weak point I see so far is scoring efficiency - but come on, you're complaining on a very high level!

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Heponiemi has been one of the biggest disappointments for me in the tourney. He certainly hasn't been making a push with his play to earn that stop beside Tolvanen.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I really don't get it - why are people complaining about Team Finland on here? They clearly outshot the Czech team 16:4 and dominated the first period of the game. The only weak point I see so far is scoring efficiency - but come on, you're complaining on a very high level!
Well, the save % difference is about where I'd expect it to be considering Finland's goalie. I imagine Czech Republic only needs a total of 15 or so shots to put the game away, which means that Finland really needs to finish on the chances it gets.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: