GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 18 • Group A: USA (5) - FIN (4) F

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
"An upset occurs in a competition, frequently in electoral politics or sports, when the party popularly expected to win (the favorite), is defeated by an underdog whom the majority expects to lose, defying the conventional wisdom."

Last time I checked even 51% is a majority and I bet if polled it would be even wider than that.
Way to grasp at straws

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I wish they would switch Bellows and Tkachuk. Bellows has a lot of familiarity with Anderson and Mittlestadt is a great playmaker and can find Bellows in great shooting position.

Tkachuk and Mittlestadt have perhaps the best chemistry going on the team. I seriously doubt they are breaking them up.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
"An upset occurs in a competition, frequently in electoral politics or sports, when the party popularly expected to win (the favorite), is defeated by an underdog whom the majority expects to lose, defying the conventional wisdom."

Last time I checked even 51% is a majority and I bet if polled it would be even wider than that.

And why do you think USA is so favoured to win? Personally I think Finland will win.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
What's that building in the tournament logo?

IIHF-Hor-Dark.png

Buffalo City Hall?

chauron

Jan 5, 2014
Still so friggin' low attendance, are they watching this game on tv or doesn't anyone care?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Veijo Esso didn't get much bang for the advertisement buck.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Some great defending to start the game.
Usa gets to sail into the slot to challenge our streaky goaltender

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Did starman have a hand in drafting Poehling? He won't stop talking about him despite his average performance thus far. He just claimed the only line that has been good for the US was whatever line Poehling was on. . . Huh????

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
early but we've been first to pretty much all lose pucks and not letting them come in with any cohesion. Really like the start thus far. looks like the cobwebs have been shaken out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad