GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 14 • Group B: SWE (7) - SUI (2) F

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
I guess if you just call all the goals unassisted, as a scorekeeper you cut your workload by a third! :laugh:

I've got Nylander with that honor atm. Made two big goals and had an assist taken away on a play he made that directly led to a third goal. Also a scoring leader for the tournament so far, and unlike Pettersson Nylander has had zero off-games.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
so Peterson puts up 6 points in 3 games pulling off jaw dropping moves with the flu you guys say?

Reactions: helax

lawrence

May 19, 2012
so Peterson puts up 6 points in 3 games pulling off jaw dropping moves with the flu you guys say?

Callhee

Embrace the hate.
Aug 24, 2009
As 0 leafs fans have said (at least itt)

Seems like he's a W. Nylander level future core player for Vancouver, maybe bit better maybe bit worse

Well, based on their respective D+1 performances in the SHL, Pettersson is tracking to be a significantly better player than Nylander at the same age. Not even a PPG vs 1.35 PPG. But sure, maybe worse?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Well, based on their respective D+1 performances in the SHL, Pettersson is tracking to be a significantly better player than Nylander at the same age. Not even a PPG vs 1.35 PPG. But sure, maybe worse?

since when was wjc stats a deciding factor of how good the player will actually be in the NHL?

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Again this is why i dont put to much meaning in these short tournaments but I think brannastrom has been swedens best d. I would like to see him on the top unit personally.

Now dahlen to me is the best D prospect i have seen in a long long time, but in the tournament so far brannastrom to me looks like he deserves the top power play unit blue line spot.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
qeBn317.gif

what is dahlin doing?

Looking for Pettersson. Swiss player in the way, Dahlin never saw him landing.

Reactions: Pouliot

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
since when was wjc stats a deciding factor of how good the player will actually be in the NHL?

It isnt ! But if you put out your jaw and compare players you only have their draft positions and their numbers in leauges they both played in!

And their is Pettersson better in all aspects! What hes doing in Shl is something extra! Nylander are good/ going to be good, but i think Elias will be something extra in Nhl especially with that release!

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Despite putting up points, Nylander has not been great. Flubbing so many easy plays. Losing the puck multiple times. Weak on the boards.
Yup, he's obviously in a deep rut. He shouldn't have rushed his pro career, but when he looks at his dad and older brother, who can blame him? He's very skilled, but he hangs with his shoulders.

BonAppleTea

May 16, 2013
Again this is why i dont put to much meaning in these short tournaments but I think brannastrom has been swedens best d. I would like to see him on the top unit personally.

Now dahlen to me is the best D prospect i have seen in a long long time, but in the tournament so far brannastrom to me looks like he deserves the top power play unit blue line spot.
No, just no. Dahlin is the driving force behind that PP unit. As Montén said, everyone is worried that he will do something so it opens up a lot of space for the other guys. He pushes back the box and distributs the puck so so well with his great movement and composure. I agree that he might not have been the clear standout best defenseman from bell to bell whole games in 5 on 5 (he has been very good but maybe not as flashy as usual), but the PP is his domain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad