8 Davyd Barandun

1 Matteo Ritz
29 Akira Schmid
30 Philip Wuthrich

Last edited:

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Who's the Swiss player who concussed W.Nylander last year? Is he playing this tournament?

Treasure Island

Mar 24, 2014
Kingston
I do not think the Sweden’s coaching staff are playing Timothy L. To his potential.
Very limited ice time in games so far. He would be better off playing in the AHL where he was getting a lot more playing time.
Next year when Sweden comes begging for him, I believe the Leafs should just keep him In the AHL.

Reactions: hullsy47

BonAppleTea

May 16, 2013
I do not think the Sweden’s coaching staff are playing Timothy L. To his potential.
Very limited ice time in games so far. He would be better off playing in the AHL where he was getting a lot more playing time.
Next year when Sweden comes begging for him, I believe the Leafs should just keep him In the AHL.
Not easy to compete with this D corps for time. Some more PP time would be great but can't see him beat out Dahlin there, especially not with harder games up ahead. In a tournament where 1 game changes everything you play the safer bets.
But I hardly think he is on the same page as you here, WJC isn't some kind of league. Players want to play for their country for other reasons than development

Reactions: JimboA

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

Swedish HF has an agreement with the NHL which says teams must let their AHL kids go to the WJC. There are probably ways around it but why bother...

Liljegrens career won't be ruined by this tournament, he's averaged around 15 minutes so far and I doubt he would see much more ice time with the Marlies.

Mar 14, 2015

[MOD] they are two games in and Lilly has been allright. And as VictorLustig said, there is a agreement with he NHL regarding players in the AHL..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: derriko

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Nobody cares about your leafs in here

helax

General Hockey Fan
Apr 2, 2013

Well mate, the competition is to tough. He will not be playing 25 minutes per game with the level of D talent currently on the Swedish roster. He will get his chance to shine when he deserves it.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
He can earn it.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
With Liljegren I don't see the situation so much as "needing to earn more minutes on a deep core" as being counted on to anchor the d even strength when Dahlin is not on the ice. Dahlin is justifiably going to get a lot of time, and it's a better d core with them apart than together. It's just the way the cookie crumbles. It's not a situation to put up the numbers but still a good learning experience, and I don't think that Monten values his role lightly.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
How has Brannstrom been? Haven’t been able to follow the WJC so far. Is Brannstrom-Dahlin a new pair this game?

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
How has Brannstrom been? Haven’t been able to follow the WJC so far. Is Brannstrom-Dahlin a new pair this game?
He's been okay. Haven't really noticed anything substantial either positively or negatively.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Lindström still on the first line. Seriously just f***ing change it up there is a reason the first line has gone scoreless 5v5 and that reason is solely Lindström.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad