GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 06 • Group A: SVK (0) - CAN (6) F

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
This game didn't tell much about the real potential of the team Canada. Slovakia wasn't much of a challenge for Canada. In the first period, they were able to stay organized and tough in their own zone, sice the 2nd goal it was an easy game for Canada, with the Slovaks resisting from little to none. The bad news for Canada are obviously health issues of their D-men, it would be sad not to see Fabbro anymore in the tournament. Plus, it seems they have only 4-5 completely healthy defenders right now, which is almost a critical situation. Hopefully they will have at least 6 ready against the USA, if not, the game would be much spoiled by moving a forward to the defender position or so.

jbobell98

Dec 14, 2017
Anyone know the song of Canada's goal song.
All I know is that its a brutal song choice for a goal horn. Goal songs are supposed to pump you up get some energy going. The only thing the song does for me is make me cringe. They should change it back to Opposite of Adults by Chiddy bang, the same song Team NA used at the world cup of hockey.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Canada should have kept their "We Dem Boyz" goal song
I dont mind this new song, just not in a hockey setting lol

Reactions: snipes

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
It's an absolute fail on the part of Hockey Canada that a Tragically Hip song is not what we hear after a TC goal. I plan on giving the morons at HC my 2 cents on the matter as well.

I absolutely love the Hip, but they didn't make goal song material, and that's a good thing.

BrunoDaBear

Jan 27, 2017
Really impressed with gadjovich. Expected him to be physical and defensively sound. Did not expect him to be creating offence.
No one did bc he plays for a small market Owen Sound team ppl never hear about him and he 60+ goals he's scored in the last 80 games. He's Canada's go to guy to battle in front of the net and in the corners

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad