OT: 2018 Winnipeg Blue Bombers (10-7) NEXT @ EDM (8-9) November 3 (CLINCHED PLAYOFFS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
2018 Blue Bomber Season is well on its way, 3-3 with a rematch with the Argos coming up, hopeful for a win 1/3 of the season done where do we end up

Last edited:

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
O’shea needs to utilize the run game on 1st downs more often(he’s got one of the best Run Blocking O-line units in the CFL in front of probably one of the best CFL running backs all-time who’s looking his best this season). I love Nichols but he doesn’t look as good as he was two seasons ago(we need to utilize Harris and maybe even Streveler more often).

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Manziel to Montreal. Looks as though Hamilton got better from it.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
That's some trade for a guy who might not even be in the CFL next year, no first round picks for the Als for many years and a coach who is probably wondering what he got himself into, on the other hand Manziel just might light it up you just never know, might be the end of the road for Drew Willy.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
That is a lot to give up but MTL is painful to watch this year without a QB. At least now they have a guy with potential and they can still make the playoffs in the sad east. So their coach doesn't care about the future picks as this would have been a long year otherwise. This is good for them, good for the league and good for Manziel to play this year. He may not do well but he'll bring excitement.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
That's some trade for a guy who might not even be in the CFL next year, no first round picks for the Als for many years and a coach who is probably wondering what he got himself into, on the other hand Manziel just might light it up you just never know, might be the end of the road for Drew Willy.

Montreal has the worst QB situation in the league yet has 3 QB's that have been traded for 4 first round picks in the past 2/3 years (Willy to TOR for a 1st, Adams to MTL for a 1st, Manziel to MTL for 2 firsts). Insane. What a mess MTL is and will continue to be. Can't wait till we can beat down MTL again.

I'm so sick of hearing about this joker. Can't wait till he flames out in MTL.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
What are the BB's waiting for with "can't catch Bowman", guy is done, time to move on, waste of a roster spot right now!

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Montreal has no first round draft pick till 2022. They used their 2019 on a supplemental draft pick who came with knee injury history who hurt his knee in his first game. Now they trade 2020 and 2021 for a guy that, if he plays well, is 100% gone after next year.

Amazing.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Montreal has no first round draft pick till 2022. They used their 2019 on a supplemental draft pick who came with knee injury history who hurt his knee in his first game. Now they trade 2020 and 2021 for a guy that, if he plays well, is 100% gone after next year.

Amazing.
this year*

CFL just yesterday re-opened the door on players leaving for NFL as they enter the final year of their contract. Plays well or not some desperate NFL team is going to try to drive ticket sales by signing him. Manziel will not be in the CFL next year, IMO.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
this year*

CFL just yesterday opened the door on players leaving for NFL as they enter the final year of their contract. Plays well or not some desperate NFL team is going to try to drive ticket sales by signing him. Manziel will not be in the CFL next year, IMO.
It's possible.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Montreal has the worst QB situation in the league yet has 3 QB's that have been traded for 4 first round picks in the past 2/3 years (Willy to TOR for a 1st, Adams to MTL for a 1st, Manziel to MTL for 2 firsts). Insane. What a mess MTL is and will continue to be. Can't wait till we can beat down MTL again.

I'm so sick of hearing about this joker. Can't wait till he flames out in MTL.

It must be wonderful to be a perfect human being that never makes mistakes in life. I'm not such a person, so I'm more inclined to wish well on those who want a chance to move on from their past. It also doesn't do the CFL any good to continue to have perpetually weak franchises. Having Manziel do well is good for all of us.

Reactions: ERYX

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
If you want Montreal to do well --trades like this don't bode well as they gave up a ton for a guy that may leave after this year.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
If you want Montreal to do well --trades like this don't bode well as they gave up a ton for a guy that may leave after this year.

I'm not saying it was a good trade long term. But it might not be that bad if Manziel can improve their offense, and decides this is a good league for him. Draft picks are a crap shoot since the best prospects take off for the NFL anyway, and Westerman is no all-star IMO.

Anyway, since the trade has been made, I hope it works out well for them.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I honestly think the bombers are the second best team in the league, and if their Defence gets its act together, will be a force to be reckoned with when the weather gets colder.

Schedule:

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 9.52.58 AM.png

Reactions: one other person

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Adarius Bowman traded to Montreal. Bombers get back a conditional 8th round pick in 2019 so basically nothing. It's clear he's done though so hopefully either one of the canadians or Thompkins is brought into starting lineup.

Need to remind O'Shea to "Just Say No to Lankford".

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Good. Bombers ship Bowman to Mtl for a conditional draft pick.
gets rid of some payroll weight.

Do we think he may have asked for a trade?

When I watch a game I watch where the okay goes and since it rarely went to Bowman I never watched him.

Was he running bad routes, just not getting open, not trying or is he really finished for the CFL.

Was really hoping he'd be another weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad