OT: 2018 Winnipeg Blue Bombers (10-7) NEXT @ EDM (8-9) November 3 (CLINCHED PLAYOFFS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Thompkins looking good so far.

Also found it weird he fell out of the NFL so fast. He wasn't anything amazing but he was a pretty solid #4/5 guy.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018

Also found it weird he fell out of the NFL so fast. He wasn't anything amazing but he was a pretty solid #4/5 guy.

After his initial success with NE he couldn't get regular playing time with Oakland(despite being my favorite team, less than stellar in personnel decisions in that era and the NYJ, another team well versed in bad personnel decisions.

And even at 6'1" I'd say maybe considered short for the position and if another player showed better in even one game that might be enough to swing the pendulum.

I remember years ago in one of the football magazines there was an article that broke down every position in terms of the size and attributes of what constitutes an NFL player at each position.

It's basically why College OT's are switched to OG in the pros and why a College CB might end up moving to S in the NFL and vice versa.

Wish I still had that issue. I remember it being a pretty interesting read.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO

#4/5 WR in the NFL is about as close to the bubble as you can get, especially with how TEs get used now. You either have to be a good returner or a dynamite ST cover guy to stay as a #4/5, otherwise you get pushed out by rookies.

Pats have Matt Slater who is the ultimate special teams cover guy, so Thompkins was never going to stick in that role with New England.

Reactions: Guyantics

None

Feb 22, 2012
Franklyn with happy feet there on the interception by Fogg, not as much pressure off of the weak side as he thought.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Lot of Bombers had great games tonight, JSK was the D leader, Miller on ST's was great, Demski, Thompkins and Dressler were very good, Argos sold out trying to stop Harris and they kinda succeeded, but so many other weapons Argos had no chance.

Reactions: snowkiddin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad