OT: 2018 Winnipeg Blue Bombers (10-7) NEXT @ EDM (8-9) November 3 (CLINCHED PLAYOFFS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Do we think he may have asked for a trade?

When I watch a game I watch where the okay goes and since it rarely went to Bowman I never watched him.

Was he running bad routes, just not getting open, not trying or is he really finished for the CFL.

Was really hoping he'd be another weapon.

Pretty obvious he didn't want to be here long term. Rumour has it that his GF wanted to move to a bigger city, and his Dad felt his brand could be marketed better in Eastern Canada. Guess I won't bother downloading his app now. :sarcasm:

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
No reason the Bombers should not be able to destroy the Argos, offence starting to click, offensive line is becoming dominant, and the d is starting to get it together.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
No reason the Bombers should not be able to destroy the Argos, offence starting to click, offensive line is becoming dominant, and the d is starting to get it together.
Trestman will make adjustments and Franklin will most likely be better. Argos will find a way to run/screen the ball more often. Bombers should still win but it will be closer.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Trestman will make adjustments and Franklin will most likely be better. Argos will find a way to run/screen the ball more often. Bombers should still win but it will be closer.

The just lost their #1 and #2 RB's in practice today. That will certainly put a hamper on anything they can do running.

This should still be a blowout win. Assuming the Bombers don't beat themselves, which they've shown to be capable of.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
The just lost their #1 and #2 RB's in practice today. That will certainly put a hamper on anything they can do running.

This should still be a blowout win. Assuming the Bombers don't beat themselves, which they've shown to be capable of.
There is always a good practice roster import RB out there.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
You know how the Jets always seemed to get stoned by a G making his debut or one they should have put 6 past easy?

I just get the feeling that we might get a repeat of BC round 2 where we blow it against a team we should crush.

Want to be wrong......but

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Depth-vs-Toronto-1-1600x1127.jpg

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
I think we should just finish fourth and take the crossover and then hopefully make it to the Grey Cup against whichever of the two beasts of Alberta survives.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I think we should just finish fourth and take the crossover and then hopefully make it to the Grey Cup against whichever of the two beasts of Alberta survives.

I think the league should allow all the Western teams in the playoffs. And no home game for the East winner cause you know their point total was inflated from weaker competition. :)

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

This is said every single year yet a crossover team has NEVER made the Grey Cup. Ever. Also you can't just "finish fourth". It's not how things work.

I am still very confident there will be playoff football at IGF stadium this year. It's always better to have home playoff dates.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I wanna see what Thompkins can do , can't be any worse than what Bowman brought, hopefully another win and lets get on a roll.
Any question I have is about blocking. Was Bowman great away from ball blocking in runs and screens? I'm just asking as it's hard to tell on TV. Could be why Demski is so successful. That's the only drop off maybe by losing him? I dunno, just thinking aloud.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Any question I have is about blocking. Was Bowman great away from ball blocking in runs and screens? I'm just asking as it's hard to tell on TV. Could be why Demski is so successful. That's the only drop off maybe by losing him? I dunno, just thinking aloud.

Bowman a decent blocker but I think but we should be fine. One thing you can't question is the offenses "buy in". You always see guys doing everything they can from Harris to hardwick to demski to wolitarsky to even like streveler even when they don't have the ball in their hands.

Reactions: Hobby Bull

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Bowman a decent blocker but I think but we should be fine. One thing you can't question is the offenses "buy in". You always see guys doing everything they can from Harris to hardwick to demski to wolitarsky to even like streveler even when they don't have the ball in their hands.
Ya. And receivers buy in to blocking reminds me of Als in Calvillo era, when they used to throw screens galore and block well.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
This is said every single year yet a crossover team has NEVER made the Grey Cup. Ever. Also you can't just "finish fourth". It's not how things work.

I am still very confident there will be playoff football at IGF stadium this year. It's always better to have home playoff dates.

There is a first Tyme for everything.
I know we can't "just finish" fourth but I'm already even this early barring injuries in Calgary that 1st up for grabs.

A couple more games like the BC game and 2nd might not be an option.
A home playoff game (or 2 , one can hope) would be optimal seeing as the Bombers will be paying back well after I'm long dead but I think the Lion Letdown as we will call it will prove pivotal by season's end.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
There is a first Tyme for everything.
I know we can't "just finish" fourth but I'm already even this early barring injuries in Calgary that 1st up for grabs.

A couple more games like the BC game and 2nd might not be an option.
A home playoff game (or 2 , one can hope) would be optimal seeing as the Bombers will be paying back well after I'm long dead but I think the Lion Letdown as we will call it will prove pivotal by season's end.

2 home playoff games is impossible unless your hosting grey cup

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
2 home playoff games is impossible unless your hosting grey cup

I'm making my own rules. Bombers need to win the Cup before I croak.
If they don't win this season I'm calling the commish and demanding 18 home games.
And we get to play 8 DB's.
And we get a three touchdown head start in each game.

Alright, alright I'll put down the beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad