OT: 2018 Winnipeg Blue Bombers (10-7) NEXT @ EDM (8-9) November 3 (CLINCHED PLAYOFFS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Holy cow is the Nichols defense force out in full on both radio stations.

He played poorly last game. It's ok to say that.

Seems to be a narrative that TSN is pushing, Rod Black and Duane Ford started off the broadcast talking about the criticism of Nichols. Brought up his record and the Bombers record and basically tried to explain it away by saying that the run game being as strong as it is takes away from Nichols' success as a QB.
They said when it was brought up to Nichols he was dismissive about it, they made it sound like he was confused about the criticism.

For most of last week's game he was below 50% completion, and he didn't connect on any of his passes beyond 20 yards despite having wide open receivers the passes just weren't accurate. The defense of Nichols over last week's play is confusing, he needs to be better than that.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
He has been quite mediocre all season thus far. Those who tout his record and stats need to take a look at the weakness of the competition he's faced.

I've listened to those bozos quite a lot lately because I'm incapable of learning, and I can't say they've been touting Nichols' stats much. A couple will even pinch their nose when discussing them. Then they dismiss them and trot out the team-record idea. The team is winning so the qb must be excellent. And then, "Um, let's talk about eating now."

Last edited:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I'm really frustrated with the CFL/CFLPA/Johnny Manziel for what happened to him last week.

There is no way he should have gone back into that game, and that was obvious from just looking at the hit.

There was some talk that his bipolar disorder meds can mimic or mask the concussion effects, but I’m calling BS on that.

He went full fetal position after that hit, it looked obvious to me that he should have gone through protocol.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

None

Feb 22, 2012
Anderson and Randle are getting abused so far in the first half.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
This is the Nichols that Edmonton basically gave away. Tentative, slow and inaccurate on anything beyond 10 yards.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
The interesting thing is the bomber d-line has gotten decent pressure

DLine and Adams are the only reason this is still (barely) a contest.

Horrible tackling and zero execution from the offense. I doubt the RedBlacks offense will keep this up, but the Bombers offense is gaining zero traction. Run game is an afterthought at this point, it’s Nichols spray (the ball all over the field) and pray time.

JetBrett

May 18, 2018
Wonder if the media will be defending Nichols all week again this week. He's pretty good when he's on but I'm not sure he's been "on" since he returned.

Defense looking like the old Richie Hall "D" has returned. If this is an indication of what the better teams can do against it it won't be pretty next week in Calgary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad