OT: 2018 Winnipeg Blue Bombers (10-7) NEXT @ EDM (8-9) November 3 (CLINCHED PLAYOFFS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Bombers cut Poop Johnson. Odd timing for them to cut him, going into the playoffs I thought we would be all hands on deck and keep our depth. He looked good last year but faded away this year, eventually finding himself on the practice roster before being outright released.

Worst part about this for me is not being able to say I cheer for a team with a guy whose nickname is Poop anymore

Last edited:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Bombers cut Poop Johnson. Odd timing for them to cut him, going into the playoffs I thought we would be all hands on deck and keep our depth. He looked good last year but faded away this year, eventually finding himself on the practice roster before being outright released.

Worst part about this for me is not being able to say I cheer for a team with a guy whose nickname is Poop.

He asked to be released as he can make more at home than on the PR.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
The Toronto Argonauts have fired head coach Marc Trestman. Would be an upgrade on O'Shea IMO!

O'Shea was a key factor in luring guys like Bighill, Medlock, Dressler, etc to the Bombers. He has made the playoffs 3 straight years. Right now he is going nowhere. Another year without a playoff win and they might consider a change. We have to wait and see how this post-season goes.

There's something to be said about consistency and trust (of which O'Shea and Walters have TONS) for this particular off-season. The CFL has an edict this year that teams cannot pay any bonuses until a CBA is signed. This makes this UFA crazy odd. Guys like Mike Reilly have refused to re-sign because of this. If you cannot guarantee bonuses having a trustworthy group at the helm is the next best thing. This off-season sees Mike Reilly, Bo Levi Mitchell, Trevor Harris, Travis Lulay, Jonathan Jennings, Zack Collaros among just the QB's hit UFA. Nevermind the rest of the bunch. It might be the craziest CFL off-season ever and there's no bonuses. So having a player friendly environment and trustworthy staff is worth 10x more than normal.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
The Toronto Argonauts have fired head coach Marc Trestman. Would be an upgrade on O'Shea IMO!

Personally I'm not at all a fan of Trestnman. He went to Chicago to coach the Bears, and was booted in 2 years. He then came back to the CFL to coach the Argos and was booted there as well, after 2 years. There is a reason he cannot stick around ??

Now if a guy like Lancaster from Ottawa became available, I'd jump all over him.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Just wondering-if the Bombers beat Edmonton today, does that mean the Esks are out of the playoffs ?? or are they in --win or lose ?? Be nice to get rid of them !! Anybody know the answer ??

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Just wondering-if the Bombers beat Edmonton today, does that mean the Esks are out of the playoffs ?? or are they in --win or lose ?? Be nice to get rid of them !! Anybody know the answer ??
Esks out
Blue third
Bc fourth
Regardless of outcome

Last edited:
Reactions: GNP

None

Feb 22, 2012
...Lankford is doing kicking duties. Did anyone know he did punting in college?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Way over 1000 - this rule has been reinstated.

Feel free to make a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad